Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Tagging images?

Tagging images?

passarinho.urbano

Does anyone know of a program which can tag large quantities of
digital images? By tagging I mean the placing of a copyright and name
tag in the corner of images. I guess this is called watermarking, but
that usually refers to somthing placed across the middle of an image,
which I find too intrusive.
Any suggestions, freeware or otherwise would be highly appreciated.
Thanks, Dan

bruno invalid@yahoo.com

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (passarinho.urbano) writes:
> Does anyone know of a program which can tag large quantities of
> digital images? By tagging I mean the placing of a copyright and name
> tag in the corner of images. I guess this is called watermarking, but
> that usually refers to somthing placed across the middle of an image,
> which I find too intrusive.

imagemagick
<www.imagemagick.com>

If you look at the examples, they have one that comes pretty close to
what you are looking for:

Look at the "Adding textual annotation to an image" there.

<http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-graf/?ca=dnt-428>

I don't know what platform you are using, but if you had Linux or
OSX, or if you install Cygwin on your window box
<www.cygwin.com> and start a shell window it becomes trivial
to run a command on a bunch of files...

for i in `ls *.jpg`
do
-- insert some command here, for example convert as in the example
done

bruno.

Bob Harrington

passarinho.urbano wrote:
> Does anyone know of a program which can tag large quantities of
> digital images? By tagging I mean the placing of a copyright and name
> tag in the corner of images. I guess this is called watermarking, but
> that usually refers to somthing placed across the middle of an image,
> which I find too intrusive.
> Any suggestions, freeware or otherwise would be highly appreciated.
> Thanks, Dan

CopyRightLeft can do this - freeware (Windows)

http://www.lunerouge.org/gnu/crl_e.htm

802.1q tagging/untagging on Catalyst 2950 arthur Cisco 4 04-20-2006 08:04 PM
802.1q Tagging on WS-C2924C-XL (old 4MB Model)? Micha Schoeler Cisco 1 07-22-2005 12:09 AM
cisco vlan tagging ants Cisco 2 05-05-2005 01:19 PM
STP and VLAN tagging uofitorn@gmail.com Cisco 2 03-29-2005 09:32 PM
Vlan tagging switches. JP Morgan Cisco 3 10-27-2004 05:54 PM

Advertisments