Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > EF 85mm f/1.2L USM / EF 50mm f/1.4 USM

EF 85mm f/1.2L USM / EF 50mm f/1.4 USM

I would like to hear your comments about these lenses.
I would use them for portraits, especially in low light, with a canon d10.

GT40

On 1 Nov 2004 08:23:16 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (n) wrote:

>I would like to hear your comments about these lenses.
>I would use them for portraits, especially in low light, with a canon d10.

I like the 50 1.4, but can't afford the 85 1.2L. You can also look at
the 85 1.8

Keith Weinstein

n wrote:

> I would like to hear your comments about these lenses.
> I would use them for portraits, especially in low light, with a canon d10.

This is an SLR related question..

Please take this to:

rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

If your news provider hasn't added it, you'll have to request they do..

Thanks

Skip M

"Keith Weinstein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:wIthd.892$(E-Mail Removed)...
>n wrote:
>
>> I would like to hear your comments about these lenses.
>> I would use them for portraits, especially in low light, with a canon
>> d10.

> This is an SLR related question..
>
> Please take this to:
>
> rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
>
> If your news provider hasn't added it, you'll have to request they do..
>
> Thanks

In the meantime, are we to not discuss DSLR issues, here? That's pretty
silly, and one of the reasons that the split was a bad idea.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

David J Taylor

Skip M wrote:
[]
> In the meantime, are we to not discuss DSLR issues, here? That's
> pretty silly, and one of the reasons that the split was a bad idea.

Any migration like this will take a number of months, I would guess. Some
tolerance is called for in the intermediate period, and of course you can
continue to discuss DSLR issues here.

But over the course of time, plan to move the discussions to the new
groups so that a more focussed community can be created, and this
newsgroup volume can be reduced to more reasonable levels.

Cheers,
David

Dave

You can discuss DSLRs here. Ignore the attempts to redirect your post.

There is no "migration" to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems. It was
created as a (badly reasoned) addition to r.p.d., not as a replacement
for the DSLR part of it.

Dave

Mark B.

"Keith Weinstein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:wIthd.892$(E-Mail Removed)...
>n wrote:
>
>> I would like to hear your comments about these lenses.
>> I would use them for portraits, especially in low light, with a canon
>> d10.

> This is an SLR related question..
>
> Please take this to:
>
> rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
>
> If your news provider hasn't added it, you'll have to request they do..
>
> Thanks

It's still perfectly valid to post it to rec.photo.digital.

Mark

Confused

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 10:45:18 -0600
In message <wIthd.892$(E-Mail Removed)>
Posted from Association of Digital Photographers
Keith Weinstein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > I would like to hear your comments about these lenses.
> > I would use them for portraits, especially in low light, with a canon d10.

> This is an SLR related question..
>
> Please take this to:
>
> rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

This is a lens related question - user happens to own a D10 - but lens
information is a digital photography related subject. I.E. ON TOPIC.
Just because YOU want to break up this group, the majority does not.

MOST OF US DO NOT WANT MANY GROUPS.

MOST OF US DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE USENET PROVIDERS.

---------------------------------

Back to the topic posted:

Everyone else, please answer the Q's.

Personally, I have found the 50mm f1.4 lens to be sharp, in focus, and
gives near perfect rectangle image on a 300D.

Jeff

Chris Brown

In article <wIthd.892$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Keith Weinstein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>n wrote:
>
>> I would like to hear your comments about these lenses.
>> I would use them for portraits, especially in low light, with a canon d10.

>This is an SLR related question..
>
>Please take this to:
>
>rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Oh brother. Notice that *this* newsgroup is not called,
"rec.photo.digital.anythingthatisnotanslr". Get a grip.

David J. Littleboy

"Chris Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)_uce_please.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <wIthd.892$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Keith Weinstein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >n wrote:
> >
> >> I would like to hear your comments about these lenses.
> >> I would use them for portraits, especially in low light, with a canon

d10.

> >This is an SLR related question..
> >
> >Please take this to:
> >
> >rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

> Oh brother. Notice that *this* newsgroup is not called,
> "rec.photo.digital.anythingthatisnotanslr". Get a grip.

Or just an addition to the kill file. I don't recall ever seeing a post from
this person before in this newsgroup, so you won't be missing anything.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan