Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > D2X Iso Sensitivity

D2X Iso Sensitivity

A. L. Shaw

Can someone tell me why the new "greatest" camera only goes to iso
800?
Thanks,

ss

PhotoMan

A. L. Shaw wrote:
> Can someone tell me why the new "greatest" camera only goes to iso
> 800?

They haven't figured out how Canon does it yet.

Brian C. Baird

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Can someone tell me why the new "greatest" camera only goes to iso
> 800?
> Thanks,
>
> ss

Too small a pixel pitch = too much noise.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

George

"PhotoMan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:J7ihd.14478$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> A. L. Shaw wrote:
> > Can someone tell me why the new "greatest" camera only goes to iso
> > 800?

> They haven't figured out how Canon does it yet.

Or, maybe they intend to start a "Firmware of the Month" club, like Canon.
;^)

JR

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
A. L. Shaw <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Can someone tell me why the new "greatest" camera only goes to iso
> 800?
> Thanks,
>
> ss

Ummm...the specs I have seen say it goes to 1600....Plus it is geared
towards pro shooters, and they usually do not shoot over ISO 100 or
200...I am somewhat a Pro shooter and shoot mainly studio images. I
shoot digitally with the D70, film is 6x7 Mamiya RZ67 II. I have never
needed to shoot over ISO 200, in fact I shoot film at ISO 25, 50 and
100. 200 digitally is because there is no 100 setting...

JR

PhotoMan

"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "PhotoMan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:J7ihd.14478$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > A. L. Shaw wrote:
> > > Can someone tell me why the new "greatest" camera only goes to iso
> > > 800?

> > They haven't figured out how Canon does it yet.
> >

> Or, maybe they intend to start a "Firmware of the Month" club, like Canon.
> ;^)

LOL - But there *are* Canon cameras available for the updates.

Darrell Larose

"A. L. Shaw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can someone tell me why the new "greatest" camera only goes to iso
> 800?
> Thanks,

The normal enviroment for the D2X is in the studio, I have seldom shot more
than ISO 160 film in the studio...

---

Darrell Larose

"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "PhotoMan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:J7ihd.14478$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > A. L. Shaw wrote:
> > > Can someone tell me why the new "greatest" camera only goes to iso
> > > 800?

> > They haven't figured out how Canon does it yet.
> >

> Or, maybe they intend to start a "Firmware of the Month" club, like Canon.
> ;^)

That's not true 20D firmware had 2 releases within 2 days...

---

Jeremy Nixon

A. L. Shaw <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Can someone tell me why the new "greatest" camera only goes to iso
> 800?

It doesn't. It goes higher. Same way Canon does, they're just being
honest about what it is.

--
Jeremy | (E-Mail Removed)

PhotoMan

Jeremy Nixon wrote:
> A. L. Shaw <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Can someone tell me why the new "greatest" camera only goes to iso
>> 800?

> It doesn't. It goes higher. Same way Canon does, they're just being
> honest about what it is.

It goes as low as ISO 50, and up to ISO 3200 like Canon?