Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Difference between SanDisk Ultra II versus Extreme compact flash card?

Difference between SanDisk Ultra II versus Extreme compact flash card?

Warren

What is the difference between these two cards? They seem to have the same
read/write speed specifications.

Warren

Supplementary question. Is either card of any value in performance over and
above the standard Sandisk card for a Canon A95 camera?

"Warren" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JcYgd.44073$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> What is the difference between these two cards? They seem to have the

same
> read/write speed specifications.

Bill Hilton

>From: "Warren" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>What is the difference between these two cards? They seem to have the same
>read/write speed specifications.

I think they are the same speed (66x) but the Extreme is rated for a wider
operating temperature range, from -25 to +85 Celsius ...
http://www.sandisk.com/pressrelease/20040211a.html ...

I have a 2 GB card of each of these and when measured in a Canon 1D Mark II
they were almost identical, 3.71 MB/sec and 3.77 MB/sec.

Bill

S Lee

Warren choreographed a chorus line of high-kicking electrons to spell
out:

> Supplementary question. Is either card of any value in performance
> over and above the standard Sandisk card for a Canon A95 camera?

Probably not too significant.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona95/page4.asp

--