Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > ipsec over mpls network

ipsec over mpls network

lespoal

Is it possible to run Ipsec (Both tunnel or transport mode) over an
MPLS (SP) Network?
thanks in advance .

Ivan

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> Is it possible to run Ipsec (Both tunnel or transport mode) over an
> MPLS (SP) Network?
> thanks in advance .

Yes, it is. We have some banks running such setup over telecom MPLS
network.

--
Ivan

*** User rot13 to see my eMail address ***

stephen

"lespoal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Is it possible to run Ipsec (Both tunnel or transport mode) over an
> MPLS (SP) Network?

yes

a normal MPLS telco setup doesnt have anything "MPLS specific" on the CE
(router on the telco side of the demarcation), so IPsec can be used on it
like any other feature.

the main stumbling block is if the telco doesnt want to do this, or you want
to manage your own security keys (since 1 reason to do this is to protect
you from the telco itself).

in those cases you may be able to get a service where you run the CE routers
rather than the telco (a lot of telcos operate this style of service for
outsourcers or SIs), or you can add another device to handle tunnels between
the CE router and your LAN. i have seen both styles of service work well.

--
Regards

hasna458 hasna458 is offline
Junior Member

good morning
how can i configure an ipsec over mpls network
thanks in advance