Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > REQ for opinions: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20K ?

REQ for opinions: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20K ?

Simon Jester

For my light duty purposes I have pretty much settled on the
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20K as my next DC.
Does anyone know anything about this DC that hasn't been in
the review pages that screams "don't buy it!" ?
Anybody that has one have anything to add to what's in the
reviews?
I'm upgrading from a Fuji MX2900Z (that has served me well)
Thanks.

David J Taylor

Simon Jester wrote:
> For my light duty purposes I have pretty much settled on the
> Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20K as my next DC.
> Does anyone know anything about this DC that hasn't been in
> the review pages that screams "don't buy it!" ?
> Anybody that has one have anything to add to what's in the
> reviews?
> I'm upgrading from a Fuji MX2900Z (that has served me well)
> Thanks.

There is a discussion over in the new rec.photo.digital.zlr newsgroup.

I have just bought one of these and I'm delighted.

Cheers,
David

Frank ess

Simon Jester wrote:
> For my light duty purposes I have pretty much settled on the
> Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20K as my next DC.
> Does anyone know anything about this DC that hasn't been in
> the review pages that screams "don't buy it!" ?
> Anybody that has one have anything to add to what's in the
> reviews?
> I'm upgrading from a Fuji MX2900Z (that has served me well)
> Thanks.

I like the looks of that one, too; I haven't found an
economical/quality-equivalent means of extending the wide end of the
zoom range; will there be a new higher MP model released soon?

--
Frank ess