Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VPN problems, PIX and Router

VPN problems, PIX and Router

cosmicspin@yahoo.com

Hi All,

I just checked my isakmp SA's and I'm getting something I find strange.
It shows the following:

PIX# show cry isakmp sa
Total : 1
Embryonic : 0
dst src state pending created
xxx.xxx.xxx.24 xxx.xxx.xxx.150 QM_IDLE 0 1

But here's what I'm wondering, it shows this on the router I'm trying
to connect to:

2621#show cry isakmp sa
dst src state conn-id slot
xxx.xxx.xxx.24 xxx.xxx.xxx.150 QM_IDLE 1 0

I would think that both the PIX and the Router should mirror each
other, with one being the source and the other the destination? Is
there a way to track 'interesting information' marked by the ACL I have
for VPN? Aren't the source and destination supposed to be reversed
when viewing with this command?

BTW... I've also used show cry ipsec sa, which DOES show the local and
remote addresses in the right places. I'm really confused on why this
PIX and Router don't seem to send anything to each other. I've used
the commands for matching internal IPs to Ips on the remote site, and
have mirrored them.

I'm wondering if something's incompatible with the versions of the PIX
and the Router. The PIX is 6.3(3) and the Router is 12.2(15).

Thanks,

Cos