Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 17-70 F4 L Lens rumor?

Canon 17-70 F4 L Lens rumor?

Dave Bowman

I've read that Canon might be announcing a 17-70 F4 L lens (EF mount)
lens in the coming weeks. Can anyone confirm this?

S.

"Dave Bowman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've read that Canon might be announcing a 17-70 F4 L lens (EF mount)
> lens in the coming weeks. Can anyone confirm this?

If true they'll likely charge well over a grand for it. Out of my league.

S.

You might know who

"Dave Bowman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've read that Canon might be announcing a 17-70 F4 L lens (EF mount)
> lens in the coming weeks. Can anyone confirm this?

Oh baby, oh baby. Please, please!

Bernhard Mayer

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Dave Bowman) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I've read that Canon might be announcing a 17-70 F4 L lens (EF mount)
> lens in the coming weeks. Can anyone confirm this?

The only people able to *confirm* this, wouldn't because of
non-disclosure agreements. The others just like to hear themselves
talking. There is absolutely no point asking these questions. Nobody
will confirm this to you. The rest is chitter chatter

Darrell Larose

"Bernhard Mayer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> (E-Mail Removed) (Dave Bowman) wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > I've read that Canon might be announcing a 17-70 F4 L lens (EF mount)
> > lens in the coming weeks. Can anyone confirm this?

> The only people able to *confirm* this, wouldn't because of
> non-disclosure agreements. The others just like to hear themselves
> talking. There is absolutely no point asking these questions. Nobody
> will confirm this to you. The rest is chitter chatter

That's what you said about Minolta 7D prices, and Canon 20D info. Most of
which were true!

---

Tony

I can confirm it. It is definately rumour.
What I can say is that it is doubtful Canon will announce anything before
Christmas. They make their fall announcements and their spring announcements
every year - and that is when they announce.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

"Dave Bowman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've read that Canon might be announcing a 17-70 F4 L lens (EF mount)
> lens in the coming weeks. Can anyone confirm this?

Darrell Larose

I agree probably it will appear (or not) at the Mid-February Photo Marketing
show.

news:fDvfd.25590$(E-Mail Removed) m...