Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 20D Software

Canon 20D Software

Geoffrey Ungar

I just traded up from my 10D to a 20D. I erased my old software and
installed the new disc. Only then did I find out that Zoombrowser was not
included eith my new camera and the software supplied does not automatically
create a new folder (using the shooting date) and automatically downlaod the
photos to that folder. I fooled around with the new software and have yet
to find a way to do this.
In addition, every time I connect my camera to my computer, a dialogue box
pops up offering me the choice of programs to run each time I reconnect.
This includes Zoombrowser (2X) as one of the choices.
Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Joseph Meehan

Geoffrey Ungar wrote:
> I just traded up from my 10D to a 20D. I erased my old software and
> installed the new disc. Only then did I find out that Zoombrowser was not
> included eith my new camera and the software supplied does not
> automatically
> create a new folder (using the shooting date) and automatically downlaod
> the
> photos to that folder. I fooled around with the new software and have yet
> to find a way to do this.
> In addition, every time I connect my camera to my computer, a dialogue box
> pops up offering me the choice of programs to run each time I reconnect.
> This includes Zoombrowser (2X) as one of the choices.
> Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Interesting. When I download from my 20D it defaults to a dated folder.
Never did this before with my old digital.

However, I really don't know if this is a function of Win XP, or one of
the many Adobe programs or some of the Canon software doing it. My problem
is it seems to want to default to my scanner as a source. BTW it ends up
opening the results in Abobe's PhotoAlbum 2.0.

I have not really looked at what is doing what or tried to reconfigure
it as it is convenient for me the way it is.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

S.

"Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsKefd.43072$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Geoffrey Ungar wrote:
>> I just traded up from my 10D to a 20D. I erased my old software and
>> installed the new disc. Only then did I find out that Zoombrowser was
>> not
>> included eith my new camera and the software supplied does not
>> automatically
>> create a new folder (using the shooting date) and automatically downlaod
>> the
>> photos to that folder. I fooled around with the new software and have
>> yet
>> to find a way to do this.
>> In addition, every time I connect my camera to my computer, a dialogue
>> box
>> pops up offering me the choice of programs to run each time I reconnect.
>> This includes Zoombrowser (2X) as one of the choices.
>> Your suggestions will be appreciated.

> Interesting. When I download from my 20D it defaults to a dated
> folder. Never did this before with my old digital.
>
> However, I really don't know if this is a function of Win XP, or one of
> the many Adobe programs or some of the Canon software doing it. My
> problem is it seems to want to default to my scanner as a source. BTW it
> ends up opening the results in Abobe's PhotoAlbum 2.0.
>
> I have not really looked at what is doing what or tried to reconfigure
> it as it is convenient for me the way it is.

I hate that pop up window. Does anyone know how to kill it?

S.

Geoffrey Ungar

What program are you using to download? Are you using the Microsoft camera
and scanner wizard? I tried it and it downloads the directory floder from
my card as well as the photos contained within. It also does not recognise
and download raw files.