Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Fine vs Normal

Fine vs Normal

Dave C.

I have a Fuji 2800 SLR whose results are very good for my needs. I have
yet to find a difference between the Quality>Normal vs. Quality>Fine in jpg
format

I have taken the same outdoor picture, one at the Fine and one at the Normal
setting. I printed both at 8x10 photo glossy picture and hardly, if at all,
can see the difference. I have previously assumed that the Fine uses less
compression since the Fine size is larger. Of course, I see no difference
in the 4x6 format.

But I would like to know what I am missing not using the Quality>Fine
setting.

--
Dave C.

(E-Mail Removed)9et

Remove the five 9's (leave the 4) for email.

Joseph Meehan

Dave C. wrote:
> I have a Fuji 2800 SLR whose results are very good for my needs. I have
> yet to find a difference between the Quality>Normal vs. Quality>Fine in
> jpg
> format
>
> I have taken the same outdoor picture, one at the Fine and one at the
> Normal
> setting. I printed both at 8x10 photo glossy picture and hardly, if at
> all,
> can see the difference. I have previously assumed that the Fine uses less
> compression since the Fine size is larger. Of course, I see no difference
> in the 4x6 format.
>
> But I would like to know what I am missing not using the Quality>Fine
> setting.

Someone who knows what to look for would be more likely to see the
difference in an 8X10. However, if it is your desire to make good photos
for yourself, friends and family, who cares about those few people who can
see the difference.

Some subjects will be more sensitive than others and larger prints will
show the difference better.

I think you have the right idea and if you are happy, I say stay happy.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Gadgets

see JPEG Compression thread...

Cheers, Jason (remove ... to reply)
Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com

Dave C.

Thanks, and I will look up the JPEG compression thread in Google.

Regards,

--
Dave C.

(E-Mail Removed)9et

Remove the five 9's (leave the 4) for email.

"Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6Ncfd.42715$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dave C. wrote:
>> I have a Fuji 2800 SLR whose results are very good for my needs. I have
>> yet to find a difference between the Quality>Normal vs. Quality>Fine in
>> jpg
>> format
>>
>> I have taken the same outdoor picture, one at the Fine and one at the
>> Normal
>> setting. I printed both at 8x10 photo glossy picture and hardly, if at
>> all,
>> can see the difference. I have previously assumed that the Fine uses
>> less
>> compression since the Fine size is larger. Of course, I see no
>> difference
>> in the 4x6 format.
>>
>> But I would like to know what I am missing not using the Quality>Fine
>> setting.

> Someone who knows what to look for would be more likely to see the
> difference in an 8X10. However, if it is your desire to make good photos
> for yourself, friends and family, who cares about those few people who can
> see the difference.
>
> Some subjects will be more sensitive than others and larger prints will
> show the difference better.
>
> I think you have the right idea and if you are happy, I say stay happy.
>
> --
> Joseph E. Meehan
>
> 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Difference between Fine and Normal on my digicam Sandi Digital Photography 9 12-06-2008 06:36 PM
Safe mode Vs normal mode Echy Firefox 6 08-27-2005 07:56 PM
Is my CPU...normal? Flukemanguy Hardware 14 08-14-2005 03:58 AM
boutique and fine art royalty free images - free fine art image offer Andrew Mowat Digital Photography 0 09-14-2004 05:35 AM
Croping a part of Picture HQ vs SHQ or Normal vs Fine zxcvar Digital Photography 2 12-26-2003 09:42 AM

Advertisments