Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Query: Inserting pictures in email

Query: Inserting pictures in email

Bruce Lewis

"MB_" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> OK, I'm still a newbie with this. I just got a Canon A75.
> I can take a picture and store it on my computer.

Good deal. That's probably half the battle right there.

> Now, I want to insert it into an email (not as a file attachment).

I think netpbm with djpeg/cjpeg is still the best software for shrinking
jpegs to a nice size while maintaining picture quality. I have a batch
file to drive these programs.

http://img.ourdoings.com/windows.html

It's really for uploading a pile of photos to a web site, but you can
edit do.bat in notepad and put REM at the front of the line that starts
with ZIP. That way it will merely shrink the files; it won't pack them
all into a zip file. Put the shrunk versions in your email; picture
sizes tend to hover around 50Kb.

--
Make that pile of digital photos presentable: http://ourdoings.com/
It's quicker and easier than you think.