Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > eBay offers on Nikon D70

eBay offers on Nikon D70

Peter

If its too good to be true then it probably is. Or is it? I'm going
to buy a Nikon D70, I live in the UK. Best deal in UK is c. 890,
free delivery, for camera & 18-70 lens. Quickpost (in USA ?) eBay
deal is 739 + 39 delivery from USA = 778, saving of 112. Ad says
they reimburse any vat/import fees, everything is compatable for UK
use & 1 year warranty included.
Anyone any experience of this sort of deal? Any feedback before I
make my choice would be great, thanks.
Peter

Tripmonkey (UK)

I've bought bits and bats from America that way (wireless card for my
laptop etc.) But nothing that expensive.
I really don't see the difference between buying from the other side of
the uk or shipping in from another country nowadays.

Is it a company or a single person?
If it's a company then do a general search on the net about it and see
what it comes up with. If it's a single person u can always use google
groups to search for the ebay user name. This should show u if any one
has had any bad problems with them.
All in all, my experiences have been good with this, fast shipping, well
packaged and no stress.

Trip

Peter wrote:
> If its too good to be true then it probably is. Or is it? I'm going
> to buy a Nikon D70, I live in the UK. Best deal in UK is c. 890,
> free delivery, for camera & 18-70 lens. Quickpost (in USA ?) eBay
> deal is 739 + 39 delivery from USA = 778, saving of 112. Ad says
> they reimburse any vat/import fees, everything is compatable for UK
> use & 1 year warranty included.
> Anyone any experience of this sort of deal? Any feedback before I
> make my choice would be great, thanks.
> Peter

Toy

"Peter" <peter.gibson27@!!!just removethe obviousNOSPAM!!ntlworld.com> wrote
in message news(E-Mail Removed)...
> If its too good to be true then it probably is. Or is it? I'm going
> to buy a Nikon D70, I live in the UK. Best deal in UK is c. 890,
> free delivery, for camera & 18-70 lens. Quickpost (in USA ?) eBay
> deal is 739 + 39 delivery from USA = 778, saving of 112. Ad says
> they reimburse any vat/import fees, everything is compatable for UK
> use & 1 year warranty included.
> Anyone any experience of this sort of deal? Any feedback before I
> make my choice would be great, thanks.
> Peter

worth a gander

http://digitalcameras.kelkoo.co.uk/b...1/8952496.html

toy

Michael A. Covington

I would ask a major US discount dealer, such as bhphotovideo.com or
adorama.com, about their terms selling to England.

I wouldn't expect any dealer to "reimburse any VAT/import fees." They'd
have to lose money to do that.

Nick Beard

There are 3 good companies in the far east worth dealing with. DigitalRev,
Digitalishop, and UR Galaxy
Bought my D70 Kit from DigitalRev on E-bay and they refunded ALL costs of
37 which I payed to UPS.
For 812 I got The D70 Kit, 512 CF card (Sandisk 40x), Extra genuine Nikon
Battery 1400mAh, Small quality camera bag and a neat table top tripod. All i
payed was 812.99 plus 38 shipping and that was it!!! Look out for the
special "We pay the import/ vat" style of auction.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...845914389&rd=1

As I was happy with the service I plumped for the 70-200 VR zoom at 840 (uk
list 1495 typical 1200) and recieved the same superb service. Ignor the
skeptics and save your money. Buy from the far east!!

"Peter" <peter.gibson27@!!!just removethe obviousNOSPAM!!ntlworld.com> wrote
in message news(E-Mail Removed)...
> If its too good to be true then it probably is. Or is it? I'm going
> to buy a Nikon D70, I live in the UK. Best deal in UK is c. 890,
> free delivery, for camera & 18-70 lens. Quickpost (in USA ?) eBay
> deal is 739 + 39 delivery from USA = 778, saving of 112. Ad says
> they reimburse any vat/import fees, everything is compatable for UK
> use & 1 year warranty included.
> Anyone any experience of this sort of deal? Any feedback before I
> make my choice would be great, thanks.
> Peter

Nick Beard

Also this one is good:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...846696447&rd=1

"Peter" <peter.gibson27@!!!just removethe obviousNOSPAM!!ntlworld.com> wrote
in message news(E-Mail Removed)...
> If its too good to be true then it probably is. Or is it? I'm going
> to buy a Nikon D70, I live in the UK. Best deal in UK is c. 890,
> free delivery, for camera & 18-70 lens. Quickpost (in USA ?) eBay
> deal is 739 + 39 delivery from USA = 778, saving of 112. Ad says
> they reimburse any vat/import fees, everything is compatable for UK
> use & 1 year warranty included.
> Anyone any experience of this sort of deal? Any feedback before I
> make my choice would be great, thanks.
> Peter

Gadgets

Some eBay sales are seconds - dead pixels and the like. Check your warranty
conditions and get the seller to agree to a full refund if you return the
camera within say a month...

Cheers, Jason (remove ... to reply)
Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com

Peter

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 07:51:19 GMT, "Gadgets" <info@gadgetaus....com>
wrote:

>Some eBay sales are seconds - dead pixels and the like. Check your warranty
>conditions and get the seller to agree to a full refund if you return the
>camera within say a month...
>
>Cheers, Jason (remove ... to reply)
>Video & Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com

Many thanks for answering, if I decide to go the eBay route I'll
follow up with my experience.

Peter