Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Experience with Nikon lens to EOS adapters

Experience with Nikon lens to EOS adapters

Dave Herzstein

"Michael A. Covington" wrote:
> > I have a Ukrainian adapter. Its a bit stiff on the Nikon side, but it
> > works. Its solid aluminum - unlikely to break.

> Is the stiffness due to something being machined to the wrong size, or just
> a spring being stiff, or what? (If you can tell...)

I think the stiffness is due to a less-than-ideal polished surface.
(It's been a while since I used it)

-Dave

Michael A. Covington

"Dave Herzstein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Michael A. Covington" wrote:
>> > I have a Ukrainian adapter. Its a bit stiff on the Nikon side, but it
>> > works. Its solid aluminum - unlikely to break.

>> Is the stiffness due to something being machined to the wrong size, or
>> just
>> a spring being stiff, or what? (If you can tell...)

> I think the stiffness is due to a less-than-ideal polished surface.
> (It's been a while since I used it)

Any trouble reaching infinity focus?

Dave Herzstein

"Michael A. Covington" wrote:

> >> Is the stiffness due to something being machined to the wrong size, or
> >> just a spring being stiff, or what? (If you can tell...)

> > I think the stiffness is due to a less-than-ideal polished surface.
> > (It's been a while since I used it)

> Any trouble reaching infinity focus?

No problem with infinity focus.

-Dave

Michael A. Covington

"Dave Herzstein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

[regarding the Ukrainian adapter]
>> Any trouble reaching infinity focus?

> No problem with infinity focus.

Thanks. Is anybody using the Chinese one who can answer the same question
about it?