Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Official RPD Mailing List

Official RPD Mailing List

Woodchuck Bill

news(E-Mail Removed):

>>Not only did he spam-post it, but he spam-e-mailed it to every voter
>>on the list.

> Hm, I didn't see it here, but it might've gotten caught by my spam
> filter.

It was bulk-mailed to 300+ recipients, so that would probably raise some
spam flags.

--
Bill

John Bean

On 22 Oct 2004 07:03:29 GMT, Woodchuck Bill wrote:

> "Buster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Well that makes it easier for the spammers to harvest email addresses.

> Thanks for reposting it, to increase the chances of the spammers'
> harvesting them.

There's always one...

--
John Bean

I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case I see a snake - which I
also keep handy (W. C. Fields)

Buster

as if brainfade.
"Des Perado" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Buster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Well that makes it easier for the spammers to harvest email addresses.
>>

> And even easier easier easier again since you reposted the whole thing in
> its entirety. Nice one Brainiac.

John Bean

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:30:12 +1000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Kibo informs me that (E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) stated that:
>
> [snip list of unmunged emails addresses]
>
> Until I checked the headers on your post, Bret, I was assuming that it
> was one of Steve Young / Organiser's forgeries. Why the hell did you
> post that list?

It indicates an unthinking person, that's for sure. The list includes all
the people who voted, including those who voted *against*.

So it would appear that the ****wit is on nobody's side.

--
John Bean

Never be a cynic, even a gentle one. Never help out a sneer, even at the
devil (Vachel Lindsay)

Des Perado

"John Bean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:30:12 +1000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

> It indicates an unthinking person, that's for sure. The list includes all
> the people who voted, including those who voted *against*.
>
> So it would appear that the ****wit is on nobody's side.

I see he's also sent it to alt.spam, where numerous similar cretins post
email addresses they want spammed (much to the disdain of the regulars
there.)

Steve Young

Lionel's sock puppet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> (E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) stated:
>
> [snip list of unmunged emails addresses]
>
> Until I checked the headers on your post, Bret, I was assuming that it
> was one of Steve Young / Organiser's forgeries. Why the hell did you
> post that list?

HaHaHa, confirming your stupidity Lionel? You could never figure out, nor
would believe, it wasn't me. So what happens? You never nail the real
culprit, because you're so busy chasing your tail. When it comes to troll
hunting, you might as well stay home and fix your filter, you are inept.

--
He's right Mark. We don't like it. Stop the yapping and learn to use
your killfile. Then we can all have a *jolly good* *knee slappin* great

Dave

I believe someone threatened something lke this a while back. Anyone
remember who?

Steve Young

"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> remember who?

Yes there was someone, but I think they're different people (?)

The troll(s) said he'd post those who voted 'yes', I took that to mean
'only', so I'm guessing this is a lone gun here!? a *loose* Canon, so to
speak

I was thinking I could trust those earlier words, or else, I
would not've voted.

Steve Young

Dave Herzstein

Woodchuck Bill wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > [snip list of unmunged emails addresses]
> >
> > Until I checked the headers on your post, Bret, I was assuming that it
> > was one of Steve Young / Organiser's forgeries. Why the hell did you
> > post that list?

> Not only did he spam-post it, but he spam-e-mailed it to every voter on the
> list.

I would think that the spam emailing is a clear violation of the TOS
agreement for his AOL account.

-Dave

Bill Hilton

>> Not only did he spam-post it, but he spam-e-mailed it to every voter
>> on the list.

>From: Dave Herzstein (E-Mail Removed)
>
>I would think that the spam emailing is a clear violation of the TOS
>agreement for his AOL account.

Clearly it is. Anyone getting the spam should forward it with the headers to
(E-Mail Removed) and (E-Mail Removed) ...