Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > I Want To Retrieve Files On A 20D CF Card That I Accidentally Formatted

I Want To Retrieve Files On A 20D CF Card That I Accidentally Formatted

Clyde Torres

Hello all of you killer and smart photogeniuses. I have a question for you.

I accidentally deleted all the files after what I thought was a successful
transfer from my Canon 20D to my laptop. Not only did I delete these files,
but I formatted the card as well! I know that the CIA can retrieve files on
computer disks, because the files are really there; it is the pointers to
the files that get deleted. Do any of you geniuses know how to retrieve
files that I accidentally deleted followed by a formatting?

Thanks.

Clyde Torres the Dummy

Clyde Torres

"Clyde Torres" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zvXdd.22$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all of you killer and smart photogeniuses. I have a question for

you.

> I accidentally deleted all the files after what I thought was a successful
> transfer from my Canon 20D to my laptop. Not only did I delete these

files,
> but I formatted the card as well! I know that the CIA can retrieve files

on
> computer disks, because the files are really there; it is the pointers to
> the files that get deleted. Do any of you geniuses know how to retrieve
> files that I accidentally deleted followed by a formatting?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Clyde Torres the Dummy

Oops, sorry, I forgot to tell you that I accidentally deleted the files on
the CF card in my 20D, not on my laptop disk.

Dave Cohen

Clyde Torres wrote:

> "Clyde Torres" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:zvXdd.22$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hello all of you killer and smart photogeniuses. I have a question for

> you.
>
>>I accidentally deleted all the files after what I thought was a successful
>>transfer from my Canon 20D to my laptop. Not only did I delete these

> files,
>
>>but I formatted the card as well! I know that the CIA can retrieve files

> on
>
>>computer disks, because the files are really there; it is the pointers to
>>the files that get deleted. Do any of you geniuses know how to retrieve
>>files that I accidentally deleted followed by a formatting?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Clyde Torres the Dummy

> Oops, sorry, I forgot to tell you that I accidentally deleted the files on
> the CF card in my 20D, not on my laptop disk.

PhotoRescue will do it, it costs to register (eval copy will tell you
what's there, but you won't be able to retrieve). There are other
programs. Most cost but some are freeware. I can recommend PhotoRescue.
Dave Cohen

Robert Barr

> PhotoRescue will do it, it costs to register (eval copy will tell you
> what's there, but you won't be able to retrieve). There are other
> programs. Most cost but some are freeware. I can recommend PhotoRescue.
> Dave Cohen

Isn't there a brand of CF -- probably Lexar -- with a 'model' of CF that
comes with a copy of PhotoRescue? Worth looking into...