Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 300D $100 Rebate now available (along with lens and flash rebates)

Canon 300D $100 Rebate now available (along with lens and flash rebates)

Siddhartha Jain

Linda_N wrote:
> As stated several weeks ago, Canon Canada and Canon USA have, as

expected,
> dropped the price of the Rebel 300D by $100 via a rebate. Several

lens units
> are flash units are also available at reduced pricing via rebates.
>
> http://www.digitalreview.ca/cams/CanonRebelRebate.shtml
>
> Currently available to both Canada and the USA. I'm not sure about

the
> European market rebate plan (if any) you'll have to check the Canon

European
> site.

The US$100 rebates started on 15th October. I am waiting for the black
dRebel to appear in the shops.

Linda_N

As stated several weeks ago, Canon Canada and Canon USA have, as expected,
dropped the price of the Rebel 300D by $100 via a rebate. Several lens units
are flash units are also available at reduced pricing via rebates.

http://www.digitalreview.ca/cams/CanonRebelRebate.shtml

Currently available to both Canada and the USA. I'm not sure about the
European market rebate plan (if any) you'll have to check the Canon European
site.

Linda

G Eisenmann

> Currently available to both Canada and the USA. I'm not sure about the
> European market rebate plan (if any) you'll have to check the Canon

European
> site.
>
> Linda

Never heard about American-style rebate plans here in Europe - would be nice
though!

Georg

Linda_N

"Siddhartha Jain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Linda_N wrote:
>> As stated several weeks ago, Canon Canada and Canon USA have, as

> expected,
>> dropped the price of the Rebel 300D by $100 via a rebate. Several

> lens units
>> are flash units are also available at reduced pricing via rebates.
>>
>> http://www.digitalreview.ca/cams/CanonRebelRebate.shtml
>>
>> Currently available to both Canada and the USA. I'm not sure about

> the
>> European market rebate plan (if any) you'll have to check the Canon

> European
>> site.

> The US$100 rebates started on 15th October. I am waiting for the black
> dRebel to appear in the shops.

Rebates for both countries came out the same day. I've been trying to post
this messages (along with several others) since then but the posts have not
been showing up. I'd not seen any other postings about it so thought I'd
still better let folks know.

Linda

You might know who

"G Eisenmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cl90se$vn0$02$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> > Currently available to both Canada and the USA. I'm not sure about the
> > European market rebate plan (if any) you'll have to check the Canon

> European
> > site.
> >
> > Linda

> Never heard about American-style rebate plans here in Europe - would be

nice
> though!

Maybe this time? You can get the rebate for the grey-market models. See
BHPHOTO.com

Michael A. Covington

"Siddhartha Jain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> The US$100 rebates started on 15th October. I am waiting for the black
> dRebel to appear in the shops.

Has Canon announced that it is going to?

Darrell Larose

"Siddhartha Jain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Linda_N wrote:
> > As stated several weeks ago, Canon Canada and Canon USA have, as

> expected,
> > dropped the price of the Rebel 300D by $100 via a rebate. Several

> lens units
> > are flash units are also available at reduced pricing via rebates.
> >
> > http://www.digitalreview.ca/cams/CanonRebelRebate.shtml
> >
> > Currently available to both Canada and the USA. I'm not sure about

> the
> > European market rebate plan (if any) you'll have to check the Canon

> European
> > site.

> The US$100 rebates started on 15th October. I am waiting for the black
> dRebel to appear in the shops.

I have several black Digital Rebels, and have sold a few. There doesn't seem
to be a problem getting them in Canada...

---

Linda_N

"Michael A. Covington" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:417835ac$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Siddhartha Jain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
>> The US$100 rebates started on 15th October. I am waiting for the black
>> dRebel to appear in the shops.

> Has Canon announced that it is going to?

Black dRebel 300Ds have been around since the beginning. I saw someone state
that at one time black was the only model available in Japan. Black was
special order here for a while, but later I saw sites stating both models
were available. Why do folks want silver more than black?

Linda

GT40

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:22:36 -0300, "Linda_N"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Michael A. Covington" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:417835ac$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Siddhartha Jain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>
>>> The US$100 rebates started on 15th October. I am waiting for the black
>>> dRebel to appear in the shops.

>> Has Canon announced that it is going to?
>>

>Black dRebel 300Ds have been around since the beginning. I saw someone state
>that at one time black was the only model available in Japan. Black was
>special order here for a while, but later I saw sites stating both models
>were available. Why do folks want silver more than black?

I was told by one of my local camera store that people think it looks
like metal. I'd rather have an all black camera.

Linda_N

"G Eisenmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cl90se$vn0$02$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
>> Currently available to both Canada and the USA. I'm not sure about the
>> European market rebate plan (if any) you'll have to check the Canon

> European
>> site.
>>
>> Linda

> Never heard about American-style rebate plans here in Europe - would be
> nice
> though!
>
> Georg

I think you guys are luckier in that when there is a discount it is taken
off the shelf price (so you pay less right away). I dislike the rebate
programs because sometimes the manufacturer doesn't make good on them,
sometimes the manufacturer claims they never received your request, or they
say it came in late etc... I was once told that 60% of North Americans never
even bother claiming the rebate (even the $100 ones) and that is why the
companies do it that way.

Linda