Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Time lapse photography...

Time lapse photography...

Rod J

Are there any sub-$1000 cameras that have an actual time lapse option,
or the equivalent of a movie mode where the interval between shots can
be varied?

Thanks

Rod

Cooter

The upcoming Nikon Coolpix 8800 is advertized to have both a movie and
non-movie time lapse capability. However, it is only a few pennies less than
$1000. Nikon also sells a remote shutter release cord with a time lapse
feature for some of its other Coolpix models including the 5700 and 8700,
possibly others. The biggest problem is that the minimum interval on the
8800 is 30 seconds between shots, and on the others I think it is two
minutes.

"Rod J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Are there any sub-$1000 cameras that have an actual time lapse option,
> or the equivalent of a movie mode where the interval between shots can
> be varied?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rod

Mr Jessop

"Cooter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:EwRdd.14$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> The upcoming Nikon Coolpix 8800 is advertized to have both a movie and
> non-movie time lapse capability. However, it is only a few pennies less
> than
> $1000. Nikon also sells a remote shutter release cord with a time lapse
> feature for some of its other Coolpix models including the 5700 and 8700,
> possibly others. The biggest problem is that the minimum interval on the
> 8800 is 30 seconds between shots, and on the others I think it is two
> minutes.

those that can connect direct to a pc and download directly such as the
minolta a1 can do timelapse i believe.

Owamanga

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:30:17 GMT, "Mr Jessop" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Cooter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:EwRdd.14$(E-Mail Removed) m...
>> The upcoming Nikon Coolpix 8800 is advertized to have both a movie and
>> non-movie time lapse capability. However, it is only a few pennies less
>> than
>> $1000. Nikon also sells a remote shutter release cord with a time lapse
>> feature for some of its other Coolpix models including the 5700 and 8700,
>> possibly others. The biggest problem is that the minimum interval on the
>> 8800 is 30 seconds between shots, and on the others I think it is two
>> minutes.

>those that can connect direct to a pc and download directly such as the
>minolta a1 can do timelapse i believe.

I can just imagine some guy setting up a DSLR and a laptop at a
building site to so some time-lapse. Three frames into to the project
and - wham - someone steals the kit.

--
Owamanga!

dylan

Olympus C70ZOOM - '2 to 99 shots with interval of 1 to 60min...'
http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/di...?id=C%2D70ZOOM

"Rod J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Are there any sub-$1000 cameras that have an actual time lapse option,
> or the equivalent of a movie mode where the interval between shots can
> be varied?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rod

Ross

The Minolta A2 can do that. For specs. go to:

http://www.konicaminolta.com.au/prod...0&cat=1&cid=-1

and look for "Interval Recording" i.e. time lapse

Ross

"Rod J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Are there any sub-$1000 cameras that have an actual time lapse option,
> or the equivalent of a movie mode where the interval between shots can
> be varied?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rod

bob

"Cooter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:EwRdd.14$lj3.1244775
@twister.southeast.rr.com:

> The upcoming Nikon Coolpix 8800

And also the 8400, which is basically the same camera with a wide angle
zoom, instead of a telephoto zoom.

Bob

--
Delete the inverse SPAM to reply

dylan

Try the Canon ranges and see which take the TC-80N3 timer remote controller,
it fits the DSLRs, EOS 3 etc and fits the old Pro70 / 90 etc.

"Rod J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Are there any sub-$1000 cameras that have an actual time lapse option,
> or the equivalent of a movie mode where the interval between shots can
> be varied?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rod

David Dyer-Bennet

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Rod J) writes:

> Are there any sub-$1000 cameras that have an actual time lapse option,
> or the equivalent of a movie mode where the interval between shots can
> be varied?

My Epson 850Z has such a mode -- $650 in early 2000.