Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > canon A85 feedback

canon A85 feedback

E-Star

I'm looking at being one of these. For those of you who own one or
researched into one, what are your thoughts? Good or bad?

Era

E-Star wrote:
> I'm looking at being one of these. For those of you who own one or
> researched into one, what are your thoughts? Good or bad?

A85 has been replaced by A95. Just as good, if not better with 5 MP and
larger sensor, etc...

E-Star

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Era <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> E-Star wrote:
> > I'm looking at being one of these. For those of you who own one or
> > researched into one, what are your thoughts? Good or bad?

> A85 has been replaced by A95. Just as good, if not better with 5 MP and
> larger sensor, etc...

The A85 fits into my price range better. What sensor are you referring
to?

being = buying

Alan Meyer

"E-Star" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:191020042343566927%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looking at being one of these. For those of you who own one or
> researched into one, what are your thoughts? Good or bad?

I have a Canon S30. It's a different camera, but my
impression of the quality of the lens, image processing,
controls, etc. is very good. Canon appears to make top quality
stuff.

Alan

Wingman

I bought the A85 back in July. I use it for shots of the family and some
basic landscape type shots. It is my first digital camera and I have barely
cracked the surface of what this can do. I am more than happy, although I
did buy it about 4 weeks before the price dropped, but that is another
story. It also allows for additional lenses to be added if you are
interested in that down the road.

I have everything set to automatic and just fire. The pictures come out
great, although I do have some issue with redeye on a handful of indoor
shots. Please see other post looking if you can help with that situation.

I would recommend it and the 4 mp is plenty large for what I use it for.

"E-Star" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:191020042343566927%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm looking at being one of these. For those of you who own one or
> researched into one, what are your thoughts? Good or bad?

Dave Martindale

Era <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>A85 has been replaced by A95. Just as good, if not better with 5 MP and
>larger sensor, etc...

No, the A85 is the replacement for the A75. The A95 is the replacement
for the A80, *not* the a85.

The A75/A85 has smaller (noisier) CCDs. The A80/A95 have larger CCDs,
and a flip-out LCD.

Dave