Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 20D MAKES A BIG SPLASH !!!

Reply
Thread Tools

20D MAKES A BIG SPLASH !!!

 
 
GT40
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-20-2004
Does it matter if he did, you dont post on an internet newsgroup and
expect no comments.

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:55:56 GMT, Phil Wheeler <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Did he ask?
>
>GT40 wrote:
>> I don't see anything special in your photographic technique
>>
>> On 20 Oct 2004 04:42:04 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Well, land sharks, the new Canon 20D was a big hit in Maui last week and made
>>>quite a splash.
>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280355
>>>
>>>And speaking of tasty waves, here's a few you might wanna try hangin 10 on:
>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280349
>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280356
>>>
>>>And if you decide to drive around the West Maui Mountains you better close that
>>>sunroof cause you might get conked with a falling rock. Note where they've
>>>landed in this pic.
>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35269798
>>>
>>>And be sure to watch out for hitchhikers.
>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280492
>>>
>>>And take it easy around those curves or you may end up in the Pacific Ocean.
>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280351
>>>
>>>Oh yeah, you'll see lots of birdies on Maui, even if you don't play golf.
>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280352
>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280353
>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280354
>>>
>>>And of course, chicks dig modeling for the 20D!
>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280357
>>>
>>>I'll have more later, including some awesome panos.
>>>Stay tuned!
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Phil Wheeler
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-20-2004
Guess that's true if a "professional" like you is hanging around.

But I doubt if the post was made to attract denegrating comments with NO
useful specfics nor suggestions.

Phil

GT40 wrote:
> Does it matter if he did, you dont post on an internet newsgroup and
> expect no comments.
>
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:55:56 GMT, Phil Wheeler <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>
>>Did he ask?
>>
>>GT40 wrote:
>>
>>>I don't see anything special in your photographic technique
>>>
>>>On 20 Oct 2004 04:42:04 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>Well, land sharks, the new Canon 20D was a big hit in Maui last week and made
>>>>quite a splash.
>>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280355
>>>>
>>>>And speaking of tasty waves, here's a few you might wanna try hangin 10 on:
>>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280349
>>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280356
>>>>
>>>>And if you decide to drive around the West Maui Mountains you better close that
>>>>sunroof cause you might get conked with a falling rock. Note where they've
>>>>landed in this pic.
>>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35269798
>>>>
>>>>And be sure to watch out for hitchhikers.
>>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280492
>>>>
>>>>And take it easy around those curves or you may end up in the Pacific Ocean.
>>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280351
>>>>
>>>>Oh yeah, you'll see lots of birdies on Maui, even if you don't play golf.
>>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280352
>>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280353
>>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280354
>>>>
>>>>And of course, chicks dig modeling for the 20D!
>>>>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280357
>>>>
>>>>I'll have more later, including some awesome panos.
>>>>Stay tuned!
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>

>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Annika1980
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-20-2004
>From: (E-Mail Removed)

>GT40 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


>> I am far enough advanced to notice it, after at least 6 years
>> expericance as a professional photographer.


>Gee, I thought all professional photographers knew that their
>profession is 90% ego, puffery, balls, manic energy and other ways of
>just being a salesman.


I think he proved he qualifies on at least the first two counts.
Of course, I got all of them.




 
Reply With Quote
 
Annika1980
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-20-2004
>From: Matt Ion (E-Mail Removed)

>>>Well you probably aren't advanced enough to notice it, but I took all of

>those
>>>pics barefoot, while standing on one leg and whistling the theme from

>Hawaii
>>>5-0.


>The trick is to whistle Don Ho tunes for surf shots. The Hawaii Five-O
>theme is more appropriate for photos around civilization.


Don Ho and I share the same birthdate (with Ben Hogan, as well). However, I
think The Ventures might be better for the surf shots.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Skip M
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-20-2004
"Matt Ion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Uoydd.779920$M95.150922@pd7tw1no...

> The trick is to whistle Don Ho tunes for surf shots. The Hawaii Five-O
> theme is more appropriate for photos around civilization.
>
> (Beach Boys songs are also acceptable, although they'll give the pics a
> slight California flavor...)


Ah that explains it, I have been whistling Beach Boys and Dick Dale tunes,
but I live in CA, so that's ok...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave Martindale
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-21-2004
(E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) writes:

>Well you probably aren't advanced enough to notice it, but I took all of those
>pics barefoot, while standing on one leg and whistling the theme from Hawaii
>5-0.


Is that an adaptation of the Ian Anderson school of flute playing?

(Anderson was the singer/flautist of Jethro Tull).

Dave
 
Reply With Quote
 
GT40
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-21-2004
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 02:17:52 +0000 (UTC), (E-Mail Removed) (Dave
Martindale) wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) writes:
>
>>Well you probably aren't advanced enough to notice it, but I took all of those
>>pics barefoot, while standing on one leg and whistling the theme from Hawaii
>>5-0.

>
>Is that an adaptation of the Ian Anderson school of flute playing?
>
>(Anderson was the singer/flautist of Jethro Tull).
>


Or the "crane position" from karate kid
 
Reply With Quote
 
Gary
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-21-2004
Not true! The Beach Boys WILL affect composition, stick with Don Ho.


"Matt Ion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Uoydd.779920$M95.150922@pd7tw1no...
> GT40 wrote:
>
> > On 20 Oct 2004 14:14:57 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) wrote:
> >
> >
> >>>From: GT40 (E-Mail Removed)
> >>
> >>>I don't see anything special in your photographic technique
> >>
> >>Well you probably aren't advanced enough to notice it, but I took all of

those
> >>pics barefoot, while standing on one leg and whistling the theme from

Hawaii
> >>5-0.

> >
> >
> > I am far enough advanced to notice it, after at least 6 years
> > expericance as a professional photographer. I could tell you how to
> > make your images look better, and its mostly composition thats the
> > issue.

>
> The trick is to whistle Don Ho tunes for surf shots. The Hawaii Five-O
> theme is more appropriate for photos around civilization.
>
> (Beach Boys songs are also acceptable, although they'll give the pics a
> slight California flavor...)



 
Reply With Quote
 
Skip M
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-21-2004
Variation on a theme, I told the girl it was from the Ian Anderson School of
Modeling...(caution, nude)

http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com/AtTheWindow.html


--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
"Dave Martindale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cl768g$fqr$(E-Mail Removed)...
> (E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) writes:
>
>>Well you probably aren't advanced enough to notice it, but I took all of
>>those
>>pics barefoot, while standing on one leg and whistling the theme from
>>Hawaii
>>5-0.

>
> Is that an adaptation of the Ian Anderson school of flute playing?
>
> (Anderson was the singer/flautist of Jethro Tull).
>
> Dave



 
Reply With Quote
 
Matt Ion
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-21-2004
GT40 wrote:

> On 20 Oct 2004 13:50:08 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>
>>GT40 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>>>I don't see anything special in your photographic technique
>>>>
>>>>Well you probably aren't advanced enough to notice it, but I took

>>
>>all of those
>>
>>>>pics barefoot, while standing on one leg and whistling the theme

>
>>from Hawaii

>
>>>>5-0.
>>>
>>>I am far enough advanced to notice it, after at least 6 years
>>>expericance as a professional photographer. I could tell you how to
>>>make your images look better, and its mostly composition thats the
>>>issue.

>>
>>Gee, I thought all professional photographers knew that their
>>profession is 90% ego, puffery, balls, manic energy and other ways of
>>just being a salesman. Things like talent, skill, pure luck (for
>>wildlife, photojournalism and other dynamic areas) so forth are
>>certainly useful, but hardly necessary for success in this realm.

>
>
> Really? I guess you don't know much about professional photography
> the.


The only thing required to be a professional at anything is to make a
living at it (as far as Canadian tax laws go, one is a "professional" at
something once one makes 51% or more of one's income at that task).

The ASSUMPTION is that a certain level of skill or expertise is required
to maintain a living income at a certain job, but it certainly doesn't
guarantee one is any better at doing anything except selling oneself.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GIDS 2009 .Net:: Save Big, Win Big, Learn Big: Act Before Dec 29 2008 Shaguf ASP .Net 0 12-26-2008 09:29 AM
GIDS 2009 .Net:: Save Big, Win Big, Learn Big: Act Before Dec 29 2008 Shaguf ASP .Net Web Controls 0 12-26-2008 06:11 AM
GIDS 2009 Java:: Save Big, Win Big, Learn Big: Act Before Dec 29 2008 Shaguf Python 0 12-24-2008 07:35 AM
GIDS 2009 Java:: Save Big, Win Big, Learn Big: Act Before Dec 29 2008 Shaguf Ruby 0 12-24-2008 05:07 AM
20D MAKES ME MOIST !!! Annika1980 Digital Photography 8 04-18-2005 03:30 PM



Advertisments