Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Remote release for a Canon 20D ?

Remote release for a Canon 20D ?

Joseph Meehan

It looks like the Canon version is ... well a little expensive. Anyone
else have a good one available for a reasonable price?

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Mark B.

"Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NLedd.37$(E-Mail Removed)...
> It looks like the Canon version is ... well a little expensive.
> Anyone else have a good one available for a reasonable price?

$1500 for the camera and you don't want to shell out $50 for a remote?

Mark

Joseph Meehan

Mark B. wrote:
> "Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:NLedd.37$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It looks like the Canon version is ... well a little expensive.
>> Anyone else have a good one available for a reasonable price?
>>

> $1500 for the camera and you don't want to shell out $50 for a remote?
>
> Mark

Yea. If there is an good alternative.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

eawckyegcy@yahoo.com

"Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Yea. If there is an good alternative.

http://www.diff.net/peter/photograph...tor_info.shtml

Note sure if this qualifies as "good", but it certainly is less expensive.

Taswolf

This sounds like at least two hours of fooling around, with no guarantee of
success.
Gotta love people with the patience and intestinal fortitude to try these
things, but
my time/patience is limited. I would opt for the Real McCoy....

T.W.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Yea. If there is an good alternative.

> http://www.diff.net/peter/photograph...tor_info.shtml
>
> Note sure if this qualifies as "good", but it certainly is less expensive.

Mark B.

"Taswolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This sounds like at least two hours of fooling around, with no guarantee
> of success.
> Gotta love people with the patience and intestinal fortitude to try these
> things, but
> my time/patience is limited. I would opt for the Real McCoy....
>
> T.W.

Ditto. The time it would take me is worth at least $50 for the Canon.

Mark

Joseph Meehan

> "Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Yea. If there is an good alternative.

> http://www.diff.net/peter/photograph...tor_info.shtml
>
> Note sure if this qualifies as "good", but it certainly is less expensive.

No, I think the $50.00 for the real thing that I know will have good
reliability is worth it. Of course if I can find something much cheaper and
also reliable, I will go for that.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Michael A. Covington

"Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FpNdd.6047$(E-Mail Removed)...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> "Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Yea. If there is an good alternative.

>> http://www.diff.net/peter/photograph...tor_info.shtml
>>
>> Note sure if this qualifies as "good", but it certainly is less
>> expensive.

> No, I think the $50.00 for the real thing that I know will have good
> reliability is worth it. Of course if I can find something much cheaper
> and also reliable, I will go for that.

Agreed. I build my own circuitry all the time. But I balk at molding my
own plastic connectors.

Now if he were to discover some other readily available connector that will
fit, *that* would be worth knowing.