Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > The ever-elusive Nikon ML-L3 Remote

The ever-elusive Nikon ML-L3 Remote

Brian

My apologies for annoying anyone with this, but as hard as these are
to find, I did find 10 of them for the MSRP of $18, and had to drive a
ways to do it... but I'm keeping one for myself (D70 Owner), and
selling the rest on e-bay for less than the guys in Hong Kong or UK...

Paul

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> My apologies for annoying anyone with this, but as hard as these are
> to find, I did find 10 of them for the MSRP of $18, and had to drive a
> ways to do it... but I'm keeping one for myself (D70 Owner), and
> selling the rest on e-bay for less than the guys in Hong Kong or UK...

<snip>

Just one word <greed> no wonder you can not get them

Darrell Larose

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> My apologies for annoying anyone with this, but as hard as these are
> to find, I did find 10 of them for the MSRP of $18, and had to drive a
> ways to do it... but I'm keeping one for myself (D70 Owner), and
> selling the rest on e-bay for less than the guys in Hong Kong or UK...
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3847318140

Maybe eBay will cancel this auction for spamming...

---

Brian

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:13:58 -0400, "Darrell Larose" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> My apologies for annoying anyone with this, but as hard as these are
>> to find, I did find 10 of them for the MSRP of $18, and had to drive a
>> ways to do it... but I'm keeping one for myself (D70 Owner), and
>> selling the rest on e-bay for less than the guys in Hong Kong or UK...
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3847318140

>Maybe eBay will cancel this auction for spamming...

No offense... but how is mentioning my e-bay auction in one single
usenet group, without any other e-mails or posts related to it to any
other individuals or newsgroups.... spam?

Quite frankly I actually thought some folks might be interested. I'm
not exactly going to retire on selling 9 remotes by the way...

Darrell Larose

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:13:58 -0400, "Darrell Larose" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

> >"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >>
> >> My apologies for annoying anyone with this, but as hard as these are
> >> to find, I did find 10 of them for the MSRP of $18, and had to drive a
> >> ways to do it... but I'm keeping one for myself (D70 Owner), and
> >> selling the rest on e-bay for less than the guys in Hong Kong or UK...
> >>
> >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3847318140

> >Maybe eBay will cancel this auction for spamming...

> No offense... but how is mentioning my e-bay auction in one single
> usenet group, without any other e-mails or posts related to it to any
> other individuals or newsgroups.... spam?

When it violates both the newsgroup charter (no commercial posts) and eBay
own regulations... ergo SPAM!!! They aren't that hard to find.

---

Mick Brown

Not that I care weather or not it was posted here, but I can tell you I went
through hell trying to find one, I had to drive into the city, walk into the
camera store and ask for one.....then (and you arnt going to believe this),
I had to wait at least....3 minutes while they got one out of stock, it was
the most frustrating 3 minutes of my life...

Seriously for a second, personally I think Nikon should supply them with the
camera, i know I got one with the Canon G2 & G5 I had. Does Canon supply a
remote with their latest DSLR's? Then again no one ever supplied them with
film cams.

--
Michael Brown
Melbourne Australia

"Darrell Larose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:13:58 -0400, "Darrell Larose" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> >

> > >"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

UK...

> > >Maybe eBay will cancel this auction for spamming...

> > No offense... but how is mentioning my e-bay auction in one single
> > usenet group, without any other e-mails or posts related to it to any
> > other individuals or newsgroups.... spam?
> >

> When it violates both the newsgroup charter (no commercial posts) and eBay
> own regulations... ergo SPAM!!! They aren't that hard to find.
>

> ---

Jeremy Nixon

Brian <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> No offense... but how is mentioning my e-bay auction in one single
> usenet group, without any other e-mails or posts related to it to any
> other individuals or newsgroups.... spam?

It's not. Unfortunately, some people have gotten the idea that "spam"
means "advertisement" or indeed "anything I don't like".

However, eBay ads are discouraged here, so you're likely to get some
flak for posting it. It is indeed unwelcome (though not "spam"). I
mean, if you think about it, if everyone who listed something on eBay
posted about it here, it would quickly reduce this newsgroup to a
smoking crater. There is a marketplace group for it.

--
Jeremy | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

[BnH]

You missed the boat.
Me and a few other eBAYer were unloading hundreds of D70 remote a while back
for AUD 22 [ ~USD 15 ] only.
I wish I can sell them at USD 30

=bob=

"Mick Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tggdd.32642$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not that I care weather or not it was posted here, but I can tell you I
> went
> through hell trying to find one, I had to drive into the city, walk into
> the
> camera store and ask for one.....then (and you arnt going to believe
> this),
> I had to wait at least....3 minutes while they got one out of stock, it
> was
> the most frustrating 3 minutes of my life...
>
> Seriously for a second, personally I think Nikon should supply them with
> the
> camera, i know I got one with the Canon G2 & G5 I had. Does Canon supply
> remote with their latest DSLR's? Then again no one ever supplied them
> with
> film cams.

Brian

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:37:20 -0000, Jeremy Nixon <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Brian <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> No offense... but how is mentioning my e-bay auction in one single
>> usenet group, without any other e-mails or posts related to it to any
>> other individuals or newsgroups.... spam?

>It's not. Unfortunately, some people have gotten the idea that "spam"
>means "advertisement" or indeed "anything I don't like".
>
>However, eBay ads are discouraged here, so you're likely to get some
>flak for posting it. It is indeed unwelcome (though not "spam"). I
>mean, if you think about it, if everyone who listed something on eBay
>posted about it here, it would quickly reduce this newsgroup to a
>smoking crater. There is a marketplace group for it.

We share the same dictionary... and thanks for the clarification on
the posting of e-bay stuff.

I'll refrain from that in the future...

As for the earlier poster about Nikon including them with the
camera... I totally agree... it should be part of the package...
manufacturing cost on these couldn't possible exceed a couple of
bucks.

Brian

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:09:23 +1000, "[BnH]" <b18[at]ii[dot]net> wrote:

>You missed the boat.
>Me and a few other eBAYer were unloading hundreds of D70 remote a while back
>for AUD 22 [ ~USD 15 ] only.
>I wish I can sell them at USD 30

We'll see... they are selling, however.