Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon SD300

Canon SD300

Jason Smith

Hi there
Does anyone know if the Ixus 430 will continue to be sold after the release
of the SD300 (Ixus 40) or are they going to stop producing it? I've wanted
an Ixus 430 for awhile and maybe this will be an opportunity to get one
cheap

Dave Martindale

"Jason Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>Hi there
>Does anyone know if the Ixus 430 will continue to be sold after the release
>of the SD300 (Ixus 40) or are they going to stop producing it? I've wanted
>an Ixus 430 for awhile and maybe this will be an opportunity to get one
>cheap

Those are two different camera lines from Canon, and both have existed
side-by-side for several years. The 430/500 are small CF-memory
cameras with 3X zoom, the SDxxx cameras are even smaller cameras with SD
memory and less zoom range.

So the 430 will likely eventually be replaced by a new CF-memory camera,
but the SD300 is not it.

Dave

Mr Jessop

"Dave Martindale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cl8mqu$pbi$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Jason Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>Hi there
>>Does anyone know if the Ixus 430 will continue to be sold after the
>>release
>>of the SD300 (Ixus 40) or are they going to stop producing it? I've wanted
>>an Ixus 430 for awhile and maybe this will be an opportunity to get one
>>cheap

> Those are two different camera lines from Canon, and both have existed
> side-by-side for several years. The 430/500 are small CF-memory
> cameras with 3X zoom, the SDxxx cameras are even smaller cameras with SD
> memory and less zoom range.
>
> So the 430 will likely eventually be replaced by a new CF-memory camera,
> but the SD300 is not it.

430 is already discontinued. s40 is its replacement. Thinner chassis due to
smaller lens due to transparent ceramic elements which have a higher
refractive index than glass.