Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Default dpi on Canon Rebel

Default dpi on Canon Rebel

RacerX

When i look at the details of pictures i take on my Digital Rebel i see that
horizontal and vertical resolutions are 180, is there a way to adjust this?

Bill Hilton

>From: "RacerX" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>When i look at the details of pictures i take on my Digital Rebel i see that
>horizontal and vertical resolutions are 180, is there a way to adjust this?

It's a meaningless number until you go to print, so adjust it at that time in
your printer software.

Julian Tan

Hey Racerx,

Bill is quite correct. What is important is the resolution of your
images (i.e. 6MP / 3MP etc.), which will determine how many pixels you
have to play with.

When printing, divide the resolution by the size of the photo you're
intending to print. E.g. if you have a 6MP image (3072 x 204, and
intend to print a 6x4, then

3072 pixels / 6 inches = 512 DPI, which is plenty.
Cheers,
Julian

http://www.shuttertalk.com
Shuttertalk Forums Member