Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > First shots with my new D70

First shots with my new D70

G-Man

Only had this camera for 3 days. Much to learn!

First lesson, shoot in RAW mode!

I love this camera!

http://www.gwfweb.com/family/041016

G-Man

SkyPilot

"G-Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> pounded on the keyboard and wrote:

>Only had this camera for 3 days. Much to learn!
>
>First lesson, shoot in RAW mode!
>
>I love this camera!
>

>http://www.gwfweb.com/family/041016
>

>G-Man

Great shots. Very sharp.

Great camera.
Brian J. Rueger | Hampton Div. of Fire & Rescue | "Who dares wins"
Lt./Paramedic | Fire Communications Officer | Hampton, VA.
B.S. Comm/I/SEL Pilot | MSgt, USAF (Ret.) 49199 | NREMT-P
Check out my home page: http://members.cox.net/brueger
Some of my photography: http://www.usefilm.com/photographer/34185.html
"Life's too short to drink LITE beer!"

AK

It is a great camera - the best I've ever had, and the flexibility is
amazing as you learn to use all the modes and controls it offers. I
normally shoot on "P" mode and find it does a great job. Spent Saturday
shooting my daughter's rugby match, and after a few shots set it on the
"sports" setting and let it do all the hard work for me! Wonderful results.

Frankly, I'm not convinced there is much difference between the NEF/RAW mode
and large, fine JPEG, which uses less memory and gives you more shots per
storage card.

Enjoy!

Alan

"G-Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Only had this camera for 3 days. Much to learn!
>
> First lesson, shoot in RAW mode!
>
> I love this camera!
>

> http://www.gwfweb.com/family/041016
>

> G-Man

Ed Ruf

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:38:07 -0400, in rec.photo.digital "G-Man"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Only had this camera for 3 days. Much to learn!
>
>First lesson, shoot in RAW mode!

I've only had mine a few weeks. 2nd lesson, dump Auto-mode.
It applies a whole bunch of post processing which is content specific, such
as color, contrast and sharpness adjustments. Setting even P-mode will
allow you to turn this off in the menus. Though post processing raw with
out using the defaults stored with the image should undo this, why be
bothered by this. Better to have the results be consistent from shot to
shot, imo.
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Jer

G-Man wrote:
> Only had this camera for 3 days. Much to learn!
>
> First lesson, shoot in RAW mode!
>
> I love this camera!
>

> http://www.gwfweb.com/family/041016
>

> G-Man

What's that dead pixel all about?

(just kidding, just kidding, just kidding)

Images look good!

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Mick Brown

Oh that was just cruel!!

LOL

--
Michael Brown
Melbourne Australia

"Jer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cl0f0o$(E-Mail Removed)...
> G-Man wrote:
> > Only had this camera for 3 days. Much to learn!
> >
> > First lesson, shoot in RAW mode!
> >
> > I love this camera!
> >

> > http://www.gwfweb.com/family/041016
> >

> > G-Man
> >

> What's that dead pixel all about?
>

> (just kidding, just kidding, just kidding)
>
> Images look good!
>

> --
> jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

tbm

>Only had this camera for 3 days. Much to >learn!

>First lesson, shoot in RAW mode!

>I love this camera!

http://www.gwfweb.com/family/041016

>G-Man

but what i want to know is...are all these images downloaded off the card/camera and "not" retouched.ie tatrted up.cheating.come
clean and tell the truth.rgds to all from "the buff"well done that G-MAN.

---

G-Man

If course they were processed! I've got a lot of learning to do here. So
much more to learn than the E-10.

G-Man

"tbm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:M1Rcd.279$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >Only had this camera for 3 days. Much to >learn!

> >First lesson, shoot in RAW mode!

> >I love this camera!

> http://www.gwfweb.com/family/041016
>

> >G-Man

> but what i want to know is...are all these images downloaded off the

card/camera and "not" retouched.ie tatrted up.cheating.come
> clean and tell the truth.rgds to all from "the buff"well done that G-MAN.
>

> ---

G-Man

Damn that was mean...I didn't see the "Just Kidding" for a few seconds.

Taking a deep breath now!

G-Man

"Jer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cl0f0o$(E-Mail Removed)...
> G-Man wrote:
> > Only had this camera for 3 days. Much to learn!
> >
> > First lesson, shoot in RAW mode!
> >
> > I love this camera!
> >

> > http://www.gwfweb.com/family/041016
> >

> > G-Man
> >

> What's that dead pixel all about?
>

> (just kidding, just kidding, just kidding)
>
> Images look good!
>

> --
> jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Jer

G-Man wrote:
> Damn that was mean...I didn't see the "Just Kidding" for a few seconds.
>
> Taking a deep breath now!
>
> G-Man

Aw heck, I'm just teasing ya I've pulled the same tease on folks
with new vehicles and no door nicks. Yet.

Thanks for sharing G-dude.

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'