Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > ProShow Gold 2.0 "Image Jump" During Zooming

Reply
Thread Tools

ProShow Gold 2.0 "Image Jump" During Zooming

 
 
Gary
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2004
Has anyone experienced this problem with ProShow Gold 2.0 1583? Using
the "Ken Burn" effects, when I use the slider bar to "adjust the zoom
image", at 126% the image jumps. Only happens while zooming in or out
on an image at 126%. This 126% formula apples to all the offending
slides. Proshow Tech Support suggested I alter the zoom setting by .01
or so, but this didn't help. It's the weekend, Proshow tech support is
closed and I need this slide show done by Wed. Any help/suggestions
would be appreciated.
Thanks
Gary
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mark M
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2004

"Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Has anyone experienced this problem with ProShow Gold 2.0 1583? Using
> the "Ken Burn" effects, when I use the slider bar to "adjust the zoom
> image", at 126% the image jumps. Only happens while zooming in or out
> on an image at 126%. This 126% formula apples to all the offending
> slides. Proshow Tech Support suggested I alter the zoom setting by .01
> or so, but this didn't help. It's the weekend, Proshow tech support is
> closed and I need this slide show done by Wed. Any help/suggestions
> would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Gary


Do you mean when you're working in the transition effects window?
I've noticed that when matching the zoom to either a previous slide or
following slide that when you hit the same zoom % that it changes
inappropriately until you pass the % by 1 or more. -Very annoying.

All in all, I LOVE this program and have used it to great effect on a number
of projects. There are still a few bugs like this hanging around, but I
think the program is wonderfully effective.

I was hoping that their recent update would have cured your mentioned
problem and mine, but it hasn't.

Have you determined if the jump is REALLY there in the FINISHED file or
render?
I've noticed that sometimes play-back within the creation process is a
little finicky, but in DVD rendering (and other render types) it is smooth
as butter. You might try a full render and see if the problem is really
there...


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gary
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-18-2004
"Mark M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<McAcd.104977$a85.9831@fed1read04>...
> "Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Has anyone experienced this problem with ProShow Gold 2.0 1583? Using
> > the "Ken Burn" effects, when I use the slider bar to "adjust the zoom
> > image", at 126% the image jumps. Only happens while zooming in or out
> > on an image at 126%. This 126% formula apples to all the offending
> > slides. Proshow Tech Support suggested I alter the zoom setting by .01
> > or so, but this didn't help. It's the weekend, Proshow tech support is
> > closed and I need this slide show done by Wed. Any help/suggestions
> > would be appreciated.
> > Thanks
> > Gary

>
> Do you mean when you're working in the transition effects window?
> I've noticed that when matching the zoom to either a previous slide or
> following slide that when you hit the same zoom % that it changes
> inappropriately until you pass the % by 1 or more. -Very annoying.
>
> All in all, I LOVE this program and have used it to great effect on a number
> of projects. There are still a few bugs like this hanging around, but I
> think the program is wonderfully effective.
>
> I was hoping that their recent update would have cured your mentioned
> problem and mine, but it hasn't.
>
> Have you determined if the jump is REALLY there in the FINISHED file or
> render?
> I've noticed that sometimes play-back within the creation process is a
> little finicky, but in DVD rendering (and other render types) it is smooth
> as butter. You might try a full render and see if the problem is really
> there...


The jump is both venues. During the rendering, during the finished
product and of course, while using the zoom feature on an image in the
Motion Effects option. Actually, I think I found a fix last night. I
changed all the slides to "fill the frame" (before it was "fill safe
zone") and when I adjusted the zoom there was no jumping. Thank God,
since I need this done by Wed. But you're right, ProShow is a great
program. Easy to use. Thanks for the reply
 
Reply With Quote
 
MSug2
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-22-2004
great program the only thing I wish it had was better control of audio. So you
sould rasie the volume at certain parts of a song and lower it at others. Also
I don't like the ProShow Logo that come up at the beginning of the DVD when
youplay it.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ken Weitzel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-22-2004


MSug2 wrote:

> great program the only thing I wish it had was better control of audio. So you
> sould rasie the volume at certain parts of a song and lower it at others. Also
> I don't like the ProShow Logo that come up at the beginning of the DVD when
> youplay it.


Hi...

You can disable the logo if you wish... the "shows"
menu (when you're ready to create your dvd) allows you
to turn it off, or alternately create and include your
own.

Ken

 
Reply With Quote
 
Mark M
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2004

"MSug2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> great program the only thing I wish it had was better control of audio. So

you
> sould rasie the volume at certain parts of a song and lower it at others.

Also
> I don't like the ProShow Logo that come up at the beginning of the DVD

when
> youplay it.


I'd like more audio control too...like fading in and out of music files when
I want, etc.

The Proshow intro is easy to turn off...(see other post).


 
Reply With Quote
 
radman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-07-2004
you can do a lot with the audio... including changing the volume on any
one song and fades, overlaps etc etc

 
Reply With Quote
 
radman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-07-2004
you can do a lot with the audio... including changing the volume on any
one song and fades, overlaps etc etc

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poor picture quality with ProShow Gold Steve Computer Support 0 12-08-2004 08:25 PM
Proshow Gold.......Burn results a "True DVD" G_Man Digital Photography 0 01-11-2004 11:54 PM
Proshow gold don't recognize my DVD RW Ariel Digital Photography 5 11-05-2003 10:10 PM
ProShow Gold Question sja68 Digital Photography 1 09-10-2003 04:50 AM
Req: help with proshow gold v 1.02 build 1338 whomever Digital Photography 4 07-24-2003 03:03 PM



Advertisments