Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Opinions on new Canon Pixma printers?

Opinions on new Canon Pixma printers?

Matt Ion

Anyone using these yet? Any thoughts on how they compare to previous
Canons? For example, how would a Pixma iP4000 (CDN$200 at Future Shop)
rate beside an i960 at about the same price? I'm looking more for
subjective users' opinions; side-by-side spec comparisons I can do on
FS's website.

Pepys

"Matt Ion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Anyone using these yet? Any thoughts on how they compare to previous
> Canons? For example, how would a Pixma iP4000 (CDN$200 at Future Shop)
> rate beside an i960 at about the same price? I'm looking more for
> subjective users' opinions; side-by-side spec comparisons I can do on FS's
> website.

They are absolutely brilliant printers, even forgetting their relatively
cheap price.

I have recently purchased one for my daughters and am having difficulty in
trying to justify the difference in price between their Pixma and my Epson
R800. Printed 8 x 10s from each look wonderful.

My subjective opinion would place the Pixma ahead of the i960 on quality by
a fair degree.

Hope that helps.

Sam

Kevin McMurtrie

In article <Czhcd.735254$M95.316739@pd7tw1no>,
Matt Ion <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Anyone using these yet? Any thoughts on how they compare to previous
> Canons? For example, how would a Pixma iP4000 (CDN$200 at Future Shop)
> rate beside an i960 at about the same price? I'm looking more for
> subjective users' opinions; side-by-side spec comparisons I can do on
> FS's website.

Looks interesting. I hope they come out with a wider version soon. I'm
looking to dump an Epson 2200 that has never been anything but trouble.