Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > I have 10D, what m i missing of the 20D?

I have 10D, what m i missing of the 20D?

S. f. S.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Ken Tough <(E-Mail Removed)>
writes:

>http://www.dpreview.com/articles/canoneos20d/page3.asp

Thanks.

thanx,
Sus S.

S. f. S.

Drifter,

The problem I have with my 10D (since it is new) is that it add a tiny greenish
to every picture thats taken indoors. I am using a 550EX flash with it, and a
Canon 28-135 IS USM Lens to it most of the time. Most pictures get a change
when clicking on QickFix within some simple picture editing program and what it
does is that it lightens it up 90% of my pictures. Perhaps I should adjust
something on the camera that is different from its default?

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Drifter
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>>I am using and using the 10D.. I have some problems with it, or is it: it
>>having problems with me.. But Between the 10D and 20D Whats the

>differencies?
>>Which one is better in which way? No more 10Ds available in the store? If

>yes
>>how much does it cost now?
>>
>>Curiosuly,
>> Sussan S.

>What are "some problems"?

thanx,
Sus S.

S. f. S.

Bill,

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Bill Crocker"
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>The 20D has many features, and advantages over the 10D, that you may, or may
>not, ever need, or use. But for now, hang on to the 10D, until the dust
>settles. It appears the 20D has some firmware issues that need to be worked
>out. Canon's web site can show you the differences.

May I know WHICH things the 20D has that the 10D doesnt have?

thanx,
Sus S.

Big Bill

On 22 Oct 2004 08:27:14 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ALLS (S. f. S.) wrote:

>Bill,
>
>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "Bill Crocker"
><(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>>The 20D has many features, and advantages over the 10D, that you may, or may
>>not, ever need, or use. But for now, hang on to the 10D, until the dust
>>settles. It appears the 20D has some firmware issues that need to be worked
>>out. Canon's web site can show you the differences.

>May I know WHICH things the 20D has that the 10D doesnt have?
>

> thanx,
> Sus S.

Go here:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...non_eos20d.asp
and check the specs. Then compare to your 10D.

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

shel

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:26:09 +0000 (UTC), (E-Mail Removed) (Dave
Martindale) wrote:

***SNIP***

>No professional politician would last long if he commonly said things
>that most people in his audience could instantly identify as not just
>lies but the opposite of the actual truth.

Ahhh, if only that were true--recent election in Oz belies the
statement above, unfortunately and in my opinion. . . OK OK, slightly
OT I know, but you started it . . . .

Shel

eawckyegcy@yahoo.com

(E-Mail Removed) (Dave Martindale) wrote:

> No professional politician would last long if he commonly said things
> that most people in his audience could instantly identify as not just
> lies but the opposite of the actual truth. Politicians are good at
> saying things that can be interpreted multiple ways, or that are not
> quite true but slanted in a way that their current audience wants to
> hear.
>
> George says things that are obviously false if you've read any reviews
> of the cameras, or used any of them. He would never get elected.

As far as I can tell, the "truth" is basically irrelevant to politics.

Look at the USA: it is pretty clear that despite the _proven_
incompetence of GWB (or at least his puppet-masters) in almost every
way, his total disconnect with physical reality, the utter falsehoods,
and the like, there are enough Americans who still want the bimbo to
serve another four years as El Presidente.

Really, George W. Bush could hold a press conference in a Boston
cathedral, mangling answers to simple questions while raping altar
boys for the camera, and is there much doubt he would still get
re-elected? His sycophants would just say "But Kerry is worse!"

John Kerry could probably do the same, without much effect. This is
not unique to the USA of course; every so-called democracy exhibits
similar properties. Even in the most despotic regime, or the most
"enlightened" (however defined), similar nonsense is easily perceived.

Group membership, xenophobic polarization ("kill the infidels!"),
common beliefs (however irrational), or other ways for people to be
able to predict the behaviour of their local domesticated apes, excuse
me, neighbours (cf. Robert Anton Wilson - see
http://www.gunsanddope.com/, http://www.rawilson.com/, and others)
count alot more than simple truth or falsehood.

Skip M

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> (E-Mail Removed) (Dave Martindale) wrote:
>
>> No professional politician would last long if he commonly said things
>> that most people in his audience could instantly identify as not just
>> lies but the opposite of the actual truth. Politicians are good at
>> saying things that can be interpreted multiple ways, or that are not
>> quite true but slanted in a way that their current audience wants to
>> hear.
>>
>> George says things that are obviously false if you've read any reviews
>> of the cameras, or used any of them. He would never get elected.

> As far as I can tell, the "truth" is basically irrelevant to politics.
>
> Look at the USA: it is pretty clear that despite the _proven_
> incompetence of GWB (or at least his puppet-masters) in almost every
> way, his total disconnect with physical reality, the utter falsehoods,
> and the like, there are enough Americans who still want the bimbo to
> serve another four years as El Presidente.
>
> Really, George W. Bush could hold a press conference in a Boston
> cathedral, mangling answers to simple questions while raping altar
> boys for the camera, and is there much doubt he would still get
> re-elected? His sycophants would just say "But Kerry is worse!"
>
> John Kerry could probably do the same, without much effect. This is
> not unique to the USA of course; every so-called democracy exhibits
> similar properties. Even in the most despotic regime, or the most
> "enlightened" (however defined), similar nonsense is easily perceived.
>
> Group membership, xenophobic polarization ("kill the infidels!"),
> common beliefs (however irrational), or other ways for people to be
> able to predict the behaviour of their local domesticated apes, excuse
> me, neighbours (cf. Robert Anton Wilson - see
> http://www.gunsanddope.com/, http://www.rawilson.com/, and others)
> count alot more than simple truth or falsehood.

San Diego Union Tribune this morning reported that 75% of Bush's supporters
still believe that Iraq either had, or had an active development program
for, WMD, and 56% still insist that Saddam Hussein actively supported Bin
Laden, even that such was reported in the Sept. 11 commission report, even
though just the opposite is true...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Big Bill

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:35:19 -0700, "Skip M" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed). com...
>> (E-Mail Removed) (Dave Martindale) wrote:
>>
>>> No professional politician would last long if he commonly said things
>>> that most people in his audience could instantly identify as not just
>>> lies but the opposite of the actual truth. Politicians are good at
>>> saying things that can be interpreted multiple ways, or that are not
>>> quite true but slanted in a way that their current audience wants to
>>> hear.
>>>
>>> George says things that are obviously false if you've read any reviews
>>> of the cameras, or used any of them. He would never get elected.

>> As far as I can tell, the "truth" is basically irrelevant to politics.
>>
>> Look at the USA: it is pretty clear that despite the _proven_
>> incompetence of GWB (or at least his puppet-masters) in almost every
>> way, his total disconnect with physical reality, the utter falsehoods,
>> and the like, there are enough Americans who still want the bimbo to
>> serve another four years as El Presidente.
>>
>> Really, George W. Bush could hold a press conference in a Boston
>> cathedral, mangling answers to simple questions while raping altar
>> boys for the camera, and is there much doubt he would still get
>> re-elected? His sycophants would just say "But Kerry is worse!"
>>
>> John Kerry could probably do the same, without much effect. This is
>> not unique to the USA of course; every so-called democracy exhibits
>> similar properties. Even in the most despotic regime, or the most
>> "enlightened" (however defined), similar nonsense is easily perceived.
>>
>> Group membership, xenophobic polarization ("kill the infidels!"),
>> common beliefs (however irrational), or other ways for people to be
>> able to predict the behaviour of their local domesticated apes, excuse
>> me, neighbours (cf. Robert Anton Wilson - see
>> http://www.gunsanddope.com/, http://www.rawilson.com/, and others)
>> count alot more than simple truth or falsehood.

>San Diego Union Tribune this morning reported that 75% of Bush's supporters
>still believe that Iraq either had, or had an active development program
>for, WMD, and 56% still insist that Saddam Hussein actively supported Bin
>Laden, even that such was reported in the Sept. 11 commission report, even
>though just the opposite is true...

I just read that report, and I found it interesting.
Of course, I have to wonder how many Kerry supporters believe that
Bush has banned stem cell research?

And than trhere were the major news outlets that trumpeted, "9-11
Commission finds no link between Iraq and Al Qaeda".
The next day the chairman and others on the committee said that that
just wasn't true, they DID find links.
The media plays a very large part in what we believe; it's up to us to
find what actually happens when claims are made in the political
arena.

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

S. f. S.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Big Bill
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>The media plays a very large part in what we believe; it's up to us to
>find what actually happens when claims are made in the political
>arena.

I AGREE 100%. and I would even add more, that the media is more pro Kerry...

thanx,
Sus S.