Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > FORGERY: Your REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL comments

FORGERY: Your REC.PHOTO.DIGITAL comments

Guy Macon

I have received several replies replying to a forgery - someone
pretending to be me. Most of those who recieved it realized
that it was a forgery and decided to let me know. They did the
right thing.

A couple of you fell for it. Please try not to be so gullible
next time. If you read rec.photo.digital and get a nasty email
from someone who has never emailed you before - it is probably a
fake.

Remember, always include full headers when you report email abuse.
If you don't know how to see the full headers, please read
http://www.haltabuse.org/help/headers/ or do a google search
on "full headers" and the name of your email program.

I do not reply to newsgroup posts by email. Please ignore any
emails claiming to be from me and set your killfiles to reject
them; I do not read any photography newsgroups, so post to
news.groups if you want me to see your replies.

If anyone has any real evidence as to who did this, please email
me at engineer [at] guymacon [dot] com.

--
Guy Macon <http://www.guymacon.com>

Annika1980

>From: Guy Macon http://www.guymacon.com

>A couple of you fell for it. Please try not to be so gullible
>next time. If you read rec.photo.digital and get a nasty email
>from someone who has never emailed you before - it is probably a fake.

Speak for yourself. I get lotsa nasty e-mails from people I've never e-mailed.

AustinBoston

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Annika1980) wrote:
> >From: Guy Macon http://www.guymacon.com

> >A couple of you fell for it. Please try not to be so gullible
> >next time. If you read rec.photo.digital and get a nasty email
> >from someone who has never emailed you before - it is probably a fake.

> Speak for yourself. I get lotsa nasty e-mails from people I've never e-mailed.

Typical AOL.

That proves his point...don't be so gullible. They're all fakes.

Austin

Guy Macon

I have received several replies replying to a forgery - someone
pretending to be me.

A couple of you fell for it. Please try not to be so gullible
next time.

It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.

Charles Schuler

> It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
> checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.

From page 850 of the Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the
English Language, 1996 Random House: gullible ... easily deceived or
cheated.

John Bean

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:31:11 -0400, Charles Schuler wrote:

>> It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
>> checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.

> From page 850 of the Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the
> English Language, 1996 Random House: gullible ... easily deceived or
> cheated.

I'm surprised you bothered to look, Charles. I'd guess it's in any
dictionary, certainly the first hit Google online dictionary lists it:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gullible

--
John Bean

If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee - that
will do them in (Bradley's Bromide)

uce@ftc.gov

Charles Schuler <(E-Mail Removed)> says...

>> It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
>> checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.

>From page 850 of the Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the
>English Language, 1996 Random House: gullible ... easily deceived or
>cheated.

My that's a nice shiny hook you have in your mouth...

John Bean

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:42:49 +0000, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Charles Schuler <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
>>
>>> It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
>>> checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.

>>From page 850 of the Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the
>>English Language, 1996 Random House: gullible ... easily deceived or
>>cheated.

> My that's a nice shiny hook you have in your mouth...

Too subtle for me I'm afraid.

--
John Bean

The computing field is always in need of new cliches (Alan Perlis)

Charles Schuler

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Charles Schuler <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
>>
>>> It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
>>> checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.

>>From page 850 of the Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary of the
>>English Language, 1996 Random House: gullible ... easily deceived or
>>cheated.

> My that's a nice shiny hook you have in your mouth...

I guess that makes me gullible ;>)

Mark M

"Guy Macon" <http://www.guymacon.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have received several replies replying to a forgery - someone
> pretending to be me.
>
> A couple of you fell for it. Please try not to be so gullible
> next time.
>
> It is a little-known fact that the word "gullible" is in most spell
> checkers but is not found in any printed or online dictionary.

Oh?
Perhaps it's "little known" because your statement
is "little-true"...as in...FALSE!

Here ya go:

gul·li·ble [gúll?b'l]
adj
easily duped: tending to trust and believe people, and therefore easily
tricked or deceived

[Early 19th century. Formed from gull2 .]

-gul·li·bil·i·ty [gùll? bíll?tee], n
-gul·li·bly [gúll?blee], adv
Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2004. © 1993-2003 Microsoft
Corporation. All rights reserved.

-Mark M