Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 20D versus 10D autofocus

20D versus 10D autofocus

Summitar

Steve Giovanella, disgraced Gulf War pilot (Georgette Preddy) wrote:

> >> Unfortunately neither the 10D or 20D's autofocus works properly. The
> >> 10D is unacceptable, the 20D is possibly slightly improved but I've
> >> found it still misses too often. Continuous focus is unusable on
> >> both. The 1D bodies are somewhat better.

Shut up Giovanella, you repulsive troll.

Jer

ZONED! wrote:

> Not commenting on anyone I do not know but....
> reminds me of how the moral majority can decide which business is
> offering lewd and obsene goings-on...

You rang?

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

George Preddy

> It's interesting that preddy won't use cameras such as the Canons
> (he's said so many times), yet he somehow finds that the focus still
> misses. I wonder how he manages that?
>
> Bill Funk
> Change "g" to "a"

I shoot Canon DSLRs almost everyday. The main probem with Canons high
level entries is that dynamic range is the pits, and they are all very
soft. The company consistently tries to leave something in their
higher cost DSLRs for their real customers, so they cut features out
of the consumer DSLRs, like reliable AF. Color can be quite ok,
depending, though red is usually overamplified. Resolution per MP is
low due to aggressively smeared noise reduction, very low sensor count
per dollar spent, and Bayer color imbalance.

Crownfield

George Preddy wrote:

> > It's interesting that preddy won't use cameras such as the Canons
> > (he's said so many times), yet he somehow finds that the focus still
> > misses. I wonder how he manages that?
> >
> > Bill Funk
> > Change "g" to "a"

> I shoot Canon DSLRs almost everyday.

interesting.

you call the sigma very professional,
the canon a piece of ****,
and you shoot canon almost every day.

why?
are you a masochist?

Randall Ainsworth

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, George
Preddy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I shoot Canon DSLRs almost everyday. The main probem with Canons high
> level entries is that dynamic range is the pits, and they are all very
> soft. The company consistently tries to leave something in their
> higher cost DSLRs for their real customers, so they cut features out
> of the consumer DSLRs, like reliable AF. Color can be quite ok,
> depending, though red is usually overamplified. Resolution per MP is
> low due to aggressively smeared noise reduction, very low sensor count
> per dollar spent, and Bayer color imbalance.

If you had half a clue you'd be dangerous.

Georgette Preddy

Crownfield <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> George Preddy wrote:

> interesting.
>
> you call the sigma very professional,

It is the better camera.

> the canon a piece of ****,

I never said that, I like Canon DSLRs a lot, but they are no match for
the sharpness and dynamic range of the Foveon sensor. These Canons
have some clear advantages, but image quality is not one of them.

> and you shoot canon almost every day.
>
> why?
> are you a masochist?

Big Bill

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 05:38:44 -0700, Randall Ainsworth
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, George
>Preddy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I shoot Canon DSLRs almost everyday. The main probem with Canons high
>> level entries is that dynamic range is the pits, and they are all very
>> soft. The company consistently tries to leave something in their
>> higher cost DSLRs for their real customers, so they cut features out
>> of the consumer DSLRs, like reliable AF. Color can be quite ok,
>> depending, though red is usually overamplified. Resolution per MP is
>> low due to aggressively smeared noise reduction, very low sensor count
>> per dollar spent, and Bayer color imbalance.

>If you had half a clue you'd be dangerous.

He's a liar, pure and simple.
He's claimed many times in the past that he won't use cameras that
interpolate, so his statemet above can't be true. Or he lied before.
Either way, he's a liar.
[He might make a good politician though. Evidently, they don't keep
track of their lies, either.]

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

Phil Wheeler

Big Bill wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 05:38:44 -0700, Randall Ainsworth
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, George
>>Preddy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>I shoot Canon DSLRs almost everyday. The main probem with Canons high
>>>level entries is that dynamic range is the pits, and they are all very
>>>soft. The company consistently tries to leave something in their
>>>higher cost DSLRs for their real customers, so they cut features out
>>>of the consumer DSLRs, like reliable AF. Color can be quite ok,
>>>depending, though red is usually overamplified. Resolution per MP is
>>>low due to aggressively smeared noise reduction, very low sensor count
>>>per dollar spent, and Bayer color imbalance.

>>If you had half a clue you'd be dangerous.

> He's a liar, pure and simple.
> He's claimed many times in the past that he won't use cameras that
> interpolate, so his statemet above can't be true. Or he lied before.
> Either way, he's a liar.

Maybe he shoots them at close range with a rifle

Phil

grant kinsley

On 16 Oct 2004 06:01:07 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Georgette
Preddy) wrote:

>Crownfield <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> George Preddy wrote:

>> interesting.
>>
>> you call the sigma very professional,

>It is the better camera.
>
>> the canon a piece of ****,

>I never said that, I like Canon DSLRs a lot, but they are no match for
>the sharpness and dynamic range of the Foveon sensor. These Canons
>have some clear advantages, but image quality is not one of them.

hmmm, I seem to remember you saying that you never use a camera that
interpolates.

You ever thought of going into politics, because your lies get more
egregious and numerous as the days go by.

GK

>> and you shoot canon almost every day.
>>
>> why?
>> are you a masochist?

Summitar

Funny, Giovanella/Preddy, our resident troll, has gotten me
fascinated by the subject of trolling in general. Seems these guys
enjoy trolling because it gives them "power." Hilarious. I know
third-grade hall monitors who have more power than Steve Giovanella.
The ultimate coup, for a full-time troll, is to drive somebody off a
newsgroup. (This is, uh, power.) What Preddy/Giovanella/epsilon
doesn´t realize, is that his presence *makes my day.* There are few
things more satisfying than to regularly out him (I suspect he doesn´t
really like people to know that he is in fact Steve Giovanella, a Gulf
War pilot who was discharged under dubious circumstances); and telling
this loser to shut up is a small but significant addition to my day´s
happiness.

Don´t leave us, Steve. Just keep being you. You´re special.