Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Visiting India, Best filters for Nikon D70, Color Saturation needed......

Visiting India, Best filters for Nikon D70, Color Saturation needed......

Supreme Soul

Hello,

I will be travelling to India very soon and am planning to take a lot
of pictures for my Hobby. Since most pictures I look online of India
are colorful I wanted to know what are the best filters I should carry
with my Nikon D70 to bring out the color saturation of skin tones as
well as clothing and of the landscapes ?

Here's what I have found so far from internet:

1. Polarizer for Landscapes and blue skys
2. 81B Warmup filter for good skin tones and color
3. Some also suggest a combination of both.

Please let me know your views.

Thanks.

David H. Lipman

UV for those really sunny days.

Dave

"Supreme Soul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
| Hello,
|
| I will be travelling to India very soon and am planning to take a lot
| of pictures for my Hobby. Since most pictures I look online of India
| are colorful I wanted to know what are the best filters I should carry
| with my Nikon D70 to bring out the color saturation of skin tones as
| well as clothing and of the landscapes ?
|
| Here's what I have found so far from internet:
|
| 1. Polarizer for Landscapes and blue skys
| 2. 81B Warmup filter for good skin tones and color
| 3. Some also suggest a combination of both.
|
| Please let me know your views.
|
| Thanks.

McLeod

On 11 Oct 2004 11:31:35 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Supreme Soul)
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I will be travelling to India very soon and am planning to take a lot
>of pictures for my Hobby. Since most pictures I look online of India
>are colorful I wanted to know what are the best filters I should carry
>with my Nikon D70 to bring out the color saturation of skin tones as
>well as clothing and of the landscapes ?
>
>Here's what I have found so far from internet:
>
>1. Polarizer for Landscapes and blue skys
>2. 81B Warmup filter for good skin tones and color
>3. Some also suggest a combination of both.
>
>Please let me know your views.
>
>Thanks.

One of the most useful filters for building and landscapes I have ever
owned is the blue-yellow cokin polarizer. Even if you don't like
Cokin filters this thing is glass and it's awesome.

Bhup

Above all make sure you take some plastic bags clear ones( sandwich bags)
they can be used to put some equipment in to guard against dust. If your
going soon the heat will not be a problem. When I went I took a F3 and a
couple of lens as I wanted to travel light.

--
All outgoing emails are scanned with Norton Antivirus 2003
"Supreme Soul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello,
>
> I will be travelling to India very soon and am planning to take a lot
> of pictures for my Hobby. Since most pictures I look online of India
> are colorful I wanted to know what are the best filters I should carry
> with my Nikon D70 to bring out the color saturation of skin tones as
> well as clothing and of the landscapes ?
>
> Here's what I have found so far from internet:
>
> 1. Polarizer for Landscapes and blue skys
> 2. 81B Warmup filter for good skin tones and color
> 3. Some also suggest a combination of both.
>
> Please let me know your views.
>
> Thanks.

C J Campbell

"Supreme Soul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello,
>
> I will be travelling to India very soon and am planning to take a lot
> of pictures for my Hobby. Since most pictures I look online of India
> are colorful I wanted to know what are the best filters I should carry
> with my Nikon D70 to bring out the color saturation of skin tones as
> well as clothing and of the landscapes ?

Use a plain polarizer and adjust your color in Photoshop.

Mr Jessop

"C J Campbell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Supreme Soul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I will be travelling to India very soon and am planning to take a lot
>> of pictures for my Hobby. Since most pictures I look online of India
>> are colorful I wanted to know what are the best filters I should carry
>> with my Nikon D70 to bring out the color saturation of skin tones as
>> well as clothing and of the landscapes ?

> Use a plain polarizer and adjust your color in Photoshop.

I would also add read the manual carefully. Its scary how much processing
can be done "in camera". You really only need a graduated filter, a proper
uv filter (not a skylight) and a polarizer. I would suggest goint to your
nearest jessops and buying the cokin kit for the nikon d70. They have one
for the canon 300d too.