Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kodakeasyshare - DX4530

Kodakeasyshare - DX4530

David Jones

Pictures are not displaying in preview pane but are there when I upload to
PC any thoughts? Camera fine in all other respects

TIA
Dave

Robert Barr

Whether the photos display or not is an option that's set in the
camera's setup menu.

RTFM.

David Jones wrote:
> Pictures are not displaying in preview pane but are there when I upload to
> PC any thoughts? Camera fine in all other respects
>
> TIA
> Dave

David Jones

Thanks for that - I have always been able to preview until today when, for
some reason, I seem to have lost this facility but I haven't changed or
altered anything

Dave

Robert Barr

In your anual, you should find a way to reset the camera to all default
settings. Try that. That should bring your review back to life.

[I'm guessing you're talking about the brief few seconds that you can
see the results of the last shot taken. Preview, a different creature,
always works when you have the LCD switched on, unless you select
'review' mode. It's simpler than it sounds...]

David Jones wrote:
> Thanks for that - I have always been able to preview until today when, for
> some reason, I seem to have lost this facility but I haven't changed or
> altered anything
>
> Dave

David Jones

Robert,

I have had the camera for about 5 months and the default is set to
'Quickview'.

Now, when I turn the camera on, the viewing screen displays a series of
vertical gray lines - darker towards the middle and right of the screen.

The 'review' button does nothing and, more worryingly, the 'menu' button
does nothing either so I can't even get into the system to alter setting as
you suggest.

The camera still takes photos and the flash works so I am assuming that the
batteries are OK. However the picture just taken does not appear in the
screen - not even for an instant.

The card is a Kodak SD 256Mb and I can upload to my pc either directly from
the camera using the USB cable or via a card reader. I have removed the
card and taken pics using the camera's internal memory and that works OK
too.

So my assumptions are :- the memory card is OK; the internal memory is OK;
the batteries are OK.

I have been to the Kodak site and browsed the FAQs for this model but had no
joy there. I have also e-mailed Kodak but have yet to receive a reply.

(I am anxious to get this sorted as I am off to Belgium next week to visit
the WWI places of interest and am trying to locate the grave of a
great-uncle who was killed 3 months before the war ended.)

I'm now busy trying to find the receipt for the camera in case I have to
send it back to the internet retailer!

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Dave

Ron Baird

Greetings Dave,

Sorry to hear about the condition of your camera. I suggest you get in
touch with our team in the UK and ask for direction in how to get things in
order. If I recall they have the same online repair feature to get your
camera in for service. Try going to the Kodak home page and clicking on the
Support link. On that page is a link to troubleshooting. Use it to get
your camera serviced. Or, if you like, you can call us at 0870-2430270

Talk to you soon, David, let me know how you make out and if you need my
help.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company