Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > HELP! My Eos 1DS is frozen!!!!

HELP! My Eos 1DS is frozen!!!!

jk1

In the process of trying to download RAW + jpeg images from my camera
to my Apple G4, the camera froze and is unable to communicate with the
computer. In addition, when I try to turn the camera off, it displays
an error message of "busy". So I can't get the camera to turn off,
which means I can't take the card out (or can I?)

Help! All the photos on the camera are for a commercial job I shot
this weekend!!!

Thanks

Jamie

J. D.

try taking the battery out, then remove the card. put the battery back in
and fire it up to see if you get the same error message.

"jk1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> In the process of trying to download RAW + jpeg images from my camera
> to my Apple G4, the camera froze and is unable to communicate with the
> computer. In addition, when I try to turn the camera off, it displays
> an error message of "busy". So I can't get the camera to turn off,
> which means I can't take the card out (or can I?)
>
> Help! All the photos on the camera are for a commercial job I shot
> this weekend!!!
>
> Thanks
>
> Jamie

Ryadia

jk1 wrote:

> In the process of trying to download RAW + jpeg images from my camera
> to my Apple G4, the camera froze and is unable to communicate with the
> computer. In addition, when I try to turn the camera off, it displays
> an error message of "busy". So I can't get the camera to turn off,
> which means I can't take the card out (or can I?)
>
> Help! All the photos on the camera are for a commercial job I shot
> this weekend!!!
>
> Thanks
>
> Jamie

This problem is a similar to the Win98 USB problem. Some PCs using
Window 98 and a USB network card will drop their connection every 10
minutes or so. The problem was traced down to USB1.1 slots.

If you took longer than the 'time out' time set for the port, your Mac
may have done like every PC does and not seen a constant data flow as
any reason not to hibinate, and gone into sleep mode.

It won't (usually) damage the data stored on a card, if you disconnect
the USB cable ...provided that no data is being written to the card at
the time of disconnection.

Ryadia

GT40

On 10 Oct 2004 21:58:12 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (jk1) wrote:

>In the process of trying to download RAW + jpeg images from my camera
>to my Apple G4, the camera froze and is unable to communicate with the
>computer. In addition, when I try to turn the camera off, it displays
>an error message of "busy". So I can't get the camera to turn off,
>which means I can't take the card out (or can I?)

Try calling Canon

Bwzr

Pull the card and use a dedicated card reader, if you have one.