Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > thin verticle white line appears on printed picture

thin verticle white line appears on printed picture

Brian

I have an Epson 740 inkjet printer.
When I print a photo I notice a thin vertical line running down the
printed photo.
Any ideas what I can do to solve this problem?

Regards Brian

Gene Palmiter

could something be touching the paper? Like a roller...or a thread or wire?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an Epson 740 inkjet printer.
> When I print a photo I notice a thin vertical line running down the
> printed photo.
> Any ideas what I can do to solve this problem?
>
> Regards Brian

Matthew Dranchak

We had a new Epson Stylus 980 that did the same thing.
Epson replaced the printer and said that one of the rollers that guided the
paper was stuck and scraped the paper.
The previous comments by Gene are valid.
If the printer is new or within warranty, suggest you try for a replacement.
Our replacement has been trouble free for about three years now.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an Epson 740 inkjet printer.
> When I print a photo I notice a thin vertical line running down the
> printed photo.
> Any ideas what I can do to solve this problem?
>
> Regards Brian

Drifter

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 19:34:31 -0400, "Matthew Dranchak"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>We had a new Epson Stylus 980 that did the same thing.
>Epson replaced the printer and said that one of the rollers that guided the
>paper was stuck and scraped the paper.
>The previous comments by Gene are valid.
>If the printer is new or within warranty, suggest you try for a replacement.
>Our replacement has been trouble free for about three years now.

That's all good, but has anyone told him to try running a head
cleaning sequence on it yet? Every Epson I've had was a bear about
that, the heads seemed to clog all of the time creating those lines.

Drifter
"I've been here, I've been there..."

Pete

> That's all good, but has anyone told him to try running a head
> cleaning sequence on it yet? Every Epson I've had was a bear about
> that, the heads seemed to clog all of the time creating those lines.
>
> Drifter
> "I've been here, I've been there..."

Wouldn't that create horizontal lines, not vertical?

Gene Palmiter

But...that would not cause the problem. Nope...a line going the length of
the paper is more likely the result of something blocking or removing the
ink....something that doesn't move sideways as the head does.

"Drifter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 19:34:31 -0400, "Matthew Dranchak"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >We had a new Epson Stylus 980 that did the same thing.
> >Epson replaced the printer and said that one of the rollers that guided

the
> >paper was stuck and scraped the paper.
> >The previous comments by Gene are valid.
> >If the printer is new or within warranty, suggest you try for a

replacement.
> >Our replacement has been trouble free for about three years now.
> >

> That's all good, but has anyone told him to try running a head
> cleaning sequence on it yet? Every Epson I've had was a bear about
> that, the heads seemed to clog all of the time creating those lines.
>

> Drifter
> "I've been here, I've been there..."

Drifter

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:07:46 -0700, Pete <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> That's all good, but has anyone told him to try running a head
>> cleaning sequence on it yet? Every Epson I've had was a bear about
>> that, the heads seemed to clog all of the time creating those lines.
>>
>> Drifter
>> "I've been here, I've been there..."

>Wouldn't that create horizontal lines, not vertical?

Whoops, you are correct. Sheesh I need to get more sleep before I
answer these posts!

Drifter
"I've been here, I've been there..."