Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sensor

Sensor

Bob

I am about to purchase a D70. Do the sensors need cleaned periodically?
Is this something that the consumer can do? Is changing lenses the reason
they would get dirty? I would hate to always use the same lense.

Bob

GT40

It would need to be cleaned, but how often is up for debate, unless
you see something on the image. You can do it yourself, or take it to
a good camrea store.

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 19:30:49 -0400, "Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am about to purchase a D70. Do the sensors need cleaned periodically?
>Is this something that the consumer can do? Is changing lenses the reason
>they would get dirty? I would hate to always use the same lense.
>
>Bob

leo

"GT40" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> It would need to be cleaned, but how often is up for debate, unless
> you see something on the image. You can do it yourself, or take it to
> a good camrea store.
>

> On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 19:30:49 -0400, "Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I am about to purchase a D70. Do the sensors need cleaned periodically?
>>Is this something that the consumer can do? Is changing lenses the reason
>>they would get dirty? I would hate to always use the same lense.
>>
>>Bob

I agree. There will be dust but you rarely notice any of it. If you do, I
simply blow it off. You may need to wipe it with some lens cleaning solution
using special tool if it's heavily soiled. I have my Canon 300D for 10
months and I haven't had a need to do that yet.