Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Firmware Upgrade for Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC43 ?

Firmware Upgrade for Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC43 ?

Nick Withers

Before buying this camera I downloaded the specifications from Panasonic.
It shows Exposure: Program AE
Shutter Speed: 8-1/2000 sec(Shutter Priority Mode, Manual Mode)and
1-1/2000 sec, except for Shutter Priority Mode and
Manual Mode.

The actual camera that I bought has no manual aperture or shutter speed
control. It is completely automatic. And the manual that came with the
camera confirms this. My last ten shots varied from f2.8, 1/30 to f8.0,
1/80 (ISO 50). I can alter the exposure a little by increasing the ISO
to 200.
These shutter speeds are far too slow, especially when trying to
photograph sports or grand-children, who won't keep still!

Is there a firmware upgrade that could improve this situation.
Thanks.

BTW: This camera was purchased in New Zealand. I had no luck trying to
contact Panasonic (Japan) but got the comment from Panasonic (Australia)
that cameras sold in NZ or Australia may have different specs.