Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > minolta DiMAGE A1

minolta DiMAGE A1

CAROLYN NOONAN

Hello everyone
I've recently received a Minolta A1 as a gift (believe it or not) and have
had trouble focusing the darn thing. When I use auto focus, it tends to
focus on whatever the hell it thinks it should, and only about 50 % of the
time do we agree on what that is.

Does anyone out there use this camera?

Any helpful ideas for me?
thank you!

Dick

Carolyn- When in record mode or picture taking mode, hold down the center
button in the middle of the 4 way controller until you see just a cross hair
in the center of the LCD or EVF, I think it is called Flex Focus and you can
move the cross around with the arrows on the 4 way controller or just leave it
in the center. I did the same thing when I got the camera and I never know
where it was going to focus with the default setup. SEE PAGE 48 OF THE
MANUAL!!