Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Questions & Problems Dimage Z1

Questions & Problems Dimage Z1

Hello you knowledgeable bunch!

I have a few problems with the Minolta Z1 Dimage which I hope you can
possible solve.

Having used the thing for a while I find that the result are far from
satisfactory and somewhat frustrating.

I do a lot of walking and on a couple of occasions have tried to shoot a fox
(with the camera that is) at the time the fox was running along the edge of
the field with a hedgerow in the background, the camera refuses to focus on
the fox just the hedgerow, hence foxy is blurred and out of focus.

This also occurred at my local gliding club the other day, trying to soot
gliders in the air the camera would not focus on the glider so every image
is again out of focus.

Even my sparrows on the hanging bags pf peanuts in the garden suffer the
same fate, the camera will focus on a branch perfectly but not the subject.

Before I ditch the thing and try something else perhaps you may be able to
solve the problem?

I wish I had stuck to my trusty Fuji Finepix 2800Z although only a 6x zoom
a much better camera all round.

Thanks in advance for any help Kerry

Laurence Wilmer

<Black^Stork> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello you knowledgeable bunch!
>
> I have a few problems with the Minolta Z1 Dimage which I hope you can
> possible solve.
>
> Having used the thing for a while I find that the result are far from
> satisfactory and somewhat frustrating.
>
> I do a lot of walking and on a couple of occasions have tried to shoot a

fox
> (with the camera that is) at the time the fox was running along the edge

of
> the field with a hedgerow in the background, the camera refuses to focus

on
> the fox just the hedgerow, hence foxy is blurred and out of focus.
>
> This also occurred at my local gliding club the other day, trying to soot
> gliders in the air the camera would not focus on the glider so every image
> is again out of focus.
>
> Even my sparrows on the hanging bags pf peanuts in the garden suffer the
> same fate, the camera will focus on a branch perfectly but not the

subject.

> Before I ditch the thing and try something else perhaps you may be able to
> solve the problem?
>
> I wish I had stuck to my trusty Fuji Finepix 2800Z although only a 6x

zoom
> a much better camera all round.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help Kerry

Press and hold the central button just above "Menu". You will see 3 squares
in the viewfinder.
Select one of these with left/right buttons, press central button again to
confirm.

Now, when you take up first trigger pressure, the camera will (should?)
focus on the object you have framed in that small square.

HTH,
Laurence