Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Windows XP and Mac OS-X put "stuff" on my card

Windows XP and Mac OS-X put "stuff" on my card

Roland Karlsson

Big Bill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> By golly, it does!
> I never view that way; I just copy the files to a folder immediately.
> Viewing as thumbnails is so slow! Im retired, and don't have the time!

It creates the thumbnails even if you don't view the thumbnails.
You just have to open the folder where the pictures are.

/Roland

Tetractys

Roland Karlsson wrote:

> It creates the thumbnails even
> if you don't view the thumbnails.
> You just have to open the folder
> where the pictures are.

If by "it" you mean Windows XP,
that's true only if you have Thumbnails
View chosen as your folder default,
and have the Do Not Cache checkbox
deselected.

If you choose any other view than
Thumbnails or Slideshow, or have
the DNC checkbox selected, the
Thumbs.db file will not be created.

Roger Halstead

On 9 Oct 2004 19:37:59 GMT, Roland Karlsson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Big Bill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> By golly, it does!
>> I never view that way; I just copy the files to a folder immediately.
>> Viewing as thumbnails is so slow! Im retired, and don't have the time!
>>

>It creates the thumbnails even if you don't view the thumbnails.
>You just have to open the folder where the pictures are.

No it does not.
IF XP is set to anything other than thumbnails it does not create
them, nor does it create the "thumbs" directory. It *requires* that
the "view as thumbnails" be set. Unless your copy of XP is far
different than the four copies I have running here.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com