Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > kodak picture software for mac 9.x

kodak picture software for mac 9.x

Mark Rozic

Hi --
My wife recently purchased a KODAK cx7330 for my birthday. I am
reluctant to return it because it is a gift. On the other hand I am not
able to transfer the images from the camera to my computer.

The software provided with the camera will not run on my computer. I
have a Mac with OS9.1. When I contact KODAK about it they either give me
information about "easy share" (which only runs on OS X) or I am given a
link to a url which does nothing, then takes me to the download site for
"easy share".

All I want to do is transfer images from the camera to the computer. Is
there a KODAK picture software available for this? or, is there a
generic driver that will work with any camera?

-- Mark R.

Ron Baird

Greetings Mark,

Sorry to hear of your difficulty.

Although it is not listed there is a good chance that the Picture Transfer
Software and Camera Connection Software used with other models will work
with this one as well. I have experimented with it and it worked in my
testing. Please go to the following URL to download. Note that with your
model and operating system, the share option will not work. As noted for
your camera, the system requirements are:

Mac OS X System Requirements
a.. Power Mac G3, G4, G4 Cube, G5, iMac; Powerbook G3, G4; or iBook
computers
b.. Mac OS 10.2.3, 10.3
c.. Apple Safari 1.0 or higher
d.. 128 MB RAM
e.. 200 MB of available hard drive disk space available
f.. CD-ROM drive
g.. Available USB port
h.. Color monitor, 1024 x 768 pixels (thousands or millions of colors
recommended)
NOTE: Mac OS 8.6 and 9.x do not support the Share button functions. Mac OS X
is recommended for full functionality.

Go to this URL to get the Picture Software you need.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...?ekn=EKN026079

Get the Kodak Picture Transfer Software and the Camera Connection Software
then retry transferring images.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

"Mark Rozic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi --
> My wife recently purchased a KODAK cx7330 for my birthday. I am
> reluctant to return it because it is a gift. On the other hand I am not
> able to transfer the images from the camera to my computer.
>
> The software provided with the camera will not run on my computer. I
> have a Mac with OS9.1. When I contact KODAK about it they either give me
> information about "easy share" (which only runs on OS X) or I am given a
> link to a url which does nothing, then takes me to the download site for
> "easy share".
>
> All I want to do is transfer images from the camera to the computer. Is
> there a KODAK picture software available for this? or, is there a
> generic driver that will work with any camera?
>
> -- Mark R.

Bill Jackson

Ron Baird wrote:
> Greetings Mark,
>
> Sorry to hear of your difficulty.
>
> Although it is not listed there is a good chance that the Picture Transfer
> Software and Camera Connection Software used with other models will work
> with this one as well. I have experimented with it and it worked in my
> testing. Please go to the following URL to download. Note that with your
> model and operating system, the share option will not work. As noted for
> your camera, the system requirements are:

Mark (and Ron)

The Kodak Picture Software that was previously supported on the MacOS
8/9 platform will work with some cameras and not others. When we built
the "final" version of KPS for Mac we included a number of "spare" USB
camera ID values into it, I can't remember the number but there was
something like 25 extras.

That would allow the cameras to work in the future even though the
VID/PID pairs had not yet been assigned.

I do believe tht somewhere in the 7xxx line of cameras we did run out of
the spares, so some of the newer cameras won't work with that older version.

There will, of course, be a number of features of the camera that will
not be supported (album name synchronization, address book sharing, etc)
but the basic image transfer will work if the VID/PID for your camera is
included in that list of spares.

good luck