Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sorry now in english

Sorry now in english

alkapendas

I have d70 camera and lens sigma 70-200 f2,8, and i donīt know why but is
not work. When i buy it they told me that it was work that lens with my
camera and it isnīt work now. I'll give then the camera but i wonder if
somebody had the same problem.

thanks and sorry about my english

OLGA

Alan Browne

alkapendas wrote:

> I have d70 camera and lens sigma 70-200 f2,8, and i donīt know why but is
> not work. When i buy it they told me that it was work that lens with my
> camera and it isnīt work now. I'll give then the camera but i wonder if
> somebody had the same problem.
>
> thanks and sorry about my english

Sorry? When you consider that 80% (or more) of the people who post here are
100% unilingual, you have absolutely nothing to be sorry about... at least you
can communicate in more than one language.

Cheers,
Alan.

--

"I told my wife the truth. I told her I was seeing a psychiatrist.
Then she told me the truth: that she was seeing a psychiatrist,

Hunt

In article <ck1b52$hsg$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

>I have d70 camera and lens sigma 70-200 f2,8, and i donīt know why but is
>not work. When i buy it they told me that it was work that lens with my
>camera and it isnīt work now. I'll give then the camera but i wonder if
>somebody had the same problem.
>
>thanks and sorry about my english
>
>OLGA

Olga,

Can you describe what doesn't work about the camera/lens combo? Does the lens
mount to the body? If not, it is probably just the wrong mount. Does it not
couple to the camera electronically? This could be a problem with either the
lens, or the body. Can you take the body to a photo shop and try another lens?
This might answer the above question.

Hunt

Charlie Self

Hunt responds:

>>I have d70 camera and lens sigma 70-200 f2,8, and i donīt know why but is
>>not work. When i buy it they told me that it was work that lens with my
>>camera and it isnīt work now. I'll give then the camera but i wonder if
>>somebody had the same problem.
>>
>>thanks and sorry about my english
>>
>>OLGA

>Olga,
>
>Can you describe what doesn't work about the camera/lens combo? Does the lens
>
>mount to the body? If not, it is probably just the wrong mount. Does it not
>couple to the camera electronically? This could be a problem with either the
>lens, or the body. Can you take the body to a photo shop and try another
>lens?
>This might answer the above question.

And she might be doing what I did the first couple lens changes on my Pentax: I
was not used to autofocus SLRs, so I shut the camera down to install the new
lens. Whoops. No top of camera screen, nothing in the viewfinder. Pulled the
lens off, turned the camera on, and re-installed. Just fine.

Might be worth a try.
Charlie Self
"The really frightening thing about middle age is that you know you'll grow out
of it." Doris Day

Ed Ruf

On 06 Oct 2004 23:30:24 GMT, in rec.photo.digital
(E-Mail Removed)otforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

>And she might be doing what I did the first couple lens changes on my Pentax: I
>was not used to autofocus SLRs, so I shut the camera down to install the new
>lens. Whoops. No top of camera screen, nothing in the viewfinder. Pulled the
>lens off, turned the camera on, and re-installed. Just fine.

Absolutely not. from p. 18 of the D70 manual:

Attaching Lenses

Nikon recommends using a type G or type D CPU lens to take full advantage
of the features the camera offers.

1. Turn the camera off
Turn the camera off before attaching or removing lenses.
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 and D70 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Hunt

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, charliediy@aol.
comnotforme says...

>Hunt responds:
>
>>>I have d70 camera and lens sigma 70-200 f2,8, and i donīt know why but is
>>>not work. When i buy it they told me that it was work that lens with my
>>>camera and it isnīt work now. I'll give then the camera but i wonder if
>>>somebody had the same problem.
>>>
>>>thanks and sorry about my english
>>>
>>>OLGA

>>Olga,
>>
>>Can you describe what doesn't work about the camera/lens combo? Does the

lens

>>mount to the body? If not, it is probably just the wrong mount. Does it not
>>couple to the camera electronically? This could be a problem with either the
>>lens, or the body. Can you take the body to a photo shop and try another
>>lens?
>>This might answer the above question.

>And she might be doing what I did the first couple lens changes on my Pentax:

>was not used to autofocus SLRs, so I shut the camera down to install the new
>lens. Whoops. No top of camera screen, nothing in the viewfinder. Pulled the
>lens off, turned the camera on, and re-installed. Just fine.
>
>Might be worth a try.
>Charlie Self
>"The really frightening thing about middle age is that you know you'll grow

out
>of it." Doris Day

Charlie, do I understand you correctly, that on your Pentax, you change lenses
with the power on? Going back to my film SLR AF Nikons, this was heavily
warned against. Just curious.

Hunt

Charlie Self

Ed Ruf responds:

>>And she might be doing what I did the first couple lens changes on my

>Pentax: I
>>was not used to autofocus SLRs, so I shut the camera down to install the new
>>lens. Whoops. No top of camera screen, nothing in the viewfinder. Pulled the
>>lens off, turned the camera on, and re-installed. Just fine.

>Absolutely not. from p. 18 of the D70 manual:
>
>Attaching Lenses
>
>Nikon recommends using a type G or type D CPU lens to take full advantage
>of the features the camera offers.
>
>1. Turn the camera off
> Turn the camera off before attaching or removing lenses.

OK. Is it possible reversing that and leaving the camera on during changes is
what screws things up?

Charlie Self
"The really frightening thing about middle age is that you know you'll grow out
of it." Doris Day

Charlie Self

Hunt asks:

>did the first couple lens changes on my Pentax:
>>was not used to autofocus SLRs, so I shut the camera down to install the new
>>lens. Whoops. No top of camera screen, nothing in the viewfinder. Pulled the
>>lens off, turned the camera on, and re-installed. Just fine.
>>
>>Might be worth a try.
>>Charlie Self
>>"The really frightening thing about middle age is that you know you'll grow

>out
>>of it." Doris Day

>Charlie, do I understand you correctly, that on your Pentax, you change
>lenses
>with the power on? Going back to my film SLR AF Nikons, this was heavily
>warned against. Just curious.

Looking at the manual, there is NO statement about on or off in the basic
directions. In the memo that follows, they say turn the lens OFF to prevent
lens movement. I'm sure that makes sense to them. Anyway, I just ran through my
three lenses. With the VIvitar 100mm macro, it works either way. It works with
camera off for the Pentax lenses.

So, obviously, I was wrong in stating it needed to be on while the lenses were
being installed. But it also doesn't seem to make a damned bit of difference in
exposure values or anything else whether the camera is on or off.

One thing for sure, whoever writes these manuals was dropped on his, or her,
head as a baby. I write tool manuals as part of my living, and these are almost
as bad as the Chiwanese crap that comes with Asian imports. The organization is
horrible and inclusion of needed steps is highly variable, bot be polite.

Charlie Self
"The really frightening thing about middle age is that you know you'll grow out
of it." Doris Day

alkapendas

Thanks to everybody, today iīll go to the shop to try the lens with another
digital camera, because i tried with analogic camera and itīs works
perfectly, and d70 itīs work with anothes lens, for that reason iīm very
confused.
Iīll tell you the solution...

Thanks again

OLGA

Hunt

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, charliediy@aol.
comnotforme says...

>Hunt asks:
>
>>did the first couple lens changes on my Pentax:
>>>was not used to autofocus SLRs, so I shut the camera down to install the

new
>>>lens. Whoops. No top of camera screen, nothing in the viewfinder. Pulled

the
>>>lens off, turned the camera on, and re-installed. Just fine.
>>>
>>>Might be worth a try.
>>>Charlie Self
>>>"The really frightening thing about middle age is that you know you'll grow

>>out
>>>of it." Doris Day

>>Charlie, do I understand you correctly, that on your Pentax, you change
>>lenses
>>with the power on? Going back to my film SLR AF Nikons, this was heavily
>>warned against. Just curious.
>>

>Looking at the manual, there is NO statement about on or off in the basic
>directions. In the memo that follows, they say turn the lens OFF to prevent
>lens movement. I'm sure that makes sense to them. Anyway, I just ran through

my
>three lenses. With the VIvitar 100mm macro, it works either way. It works

with
>camera off for the Pentax lenses.
>
>So, obviously, I was wrong in stating it needed to be on while the lenses

were
>being installed. But it also doesn't seem to make a damned bit of difference

in
>exposure values or anything else whether the camera is on or off.
>
>One thing for sure, whoever writes these manuals was dropped on his, or her,
>head as a baby. I write tool manuals as part of my living, and these are

almost
>as bad as the Chiwanese crap that comes with Asian imports. The organization

is
>horrible and inclusion of needed steps is highly variable, bot be polite.
>
>Charlie Self

I agree with the manuals - the writing of which is a lost art, even when there
is NOT a language barrier and translation problems. Also, I find some of the
worst photographs and illustrations used in photography and graphic arts
manuals. At least THEY should be able to get it right. It's kinda' like the
photographs in many of the photo mags. Who took THOSE photos anyway?!?!?

Thanks for the feedback. Since I haven't even held a Pentax since the days of
the Sensomatic [SP?], I didn't know what they were up to, but Nikon is adamant
about shutting power OFF, before changing lenses on their AF film SLR's, at
least the F-4/F-5.

Just curious,
Hunt