Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > HP Photosmart c5100 scanner Driver for Win2000

HP Photosmart c5100 scanner Driver for Win2000

OldRelayer

This is a pretty old scanner, but still works great. At the time
there were no NT drivers and I suspect there may not be any win2000
drivers either. I am forced to run a dual boot which at one time
wasn't so bad but now I primarily use Win2000 for everthing, it is
just so much better than the consumer grade OS. So going to WinME for
a scan is just an inconvience. I am upgrading my system to do do some
video work and thought it might be a good time to say goodbye to my
dual boot(I can hear you say, why don't you say goodbye to your old
scanner, simple I really like it and it still works great). I have
searched Deja news and most of the posts on this subject are 97
through 99 and at that time some people thought you could buy a driver
from HP for NT and thought it would get better with win2000. I am not
sure either ever happened. But if you had one of those drivers did it
work with win2000 as well as NT?? HP doesn't even list this scanner
in their oldie but goodies catagory, like they never produced it.
Well if you have a driver that your not using any more, I love to have
it and would buy it or atleast pay for shipping.

Thanks for your help

Barry