Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > eBay cheap batteries for N70?

eBay cheap batteries for N70?

Fred B.

Batteries on eBay for the Nikon D70 can be awfully cheap. Are they any
good????

Too good to be true? That's what I believe.

Anybody tried them?

Fred

Terry W

I bought one for 12 from ebay and it works fine. Haven't scientifically
tested against the Nikon battery but mine was a bargain.

"Fred B." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:N7Z7d.224746$%(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Batteries on eBay for the Nikon D70 can be awfully cheap. Are they any
> good????
>
> Too good to be true? That's what I believe.
>
> Anybody tried them?
>
> Fred

David J Taylor

Roddytoo wrote:
[]
> If they are anything like the Nikon 5700 batteries they are fine,
> just much cheaper than originals. I habe a theory that the batteries
> are made small so they don't hold charge for long, then you buy an
> expensive spare, a way of Nikon etc. making more money.

The Nikon Coolpix 8400/8800 batteries are now about twice the size, thank
goodness, but it blows your theory!

Cheers,
David

Roddytoo