Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM THE 20D !!!

Reply
Thread Tools

YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM THE 20D !!!

 
 
Mark M
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-03-2004

"Jeremy Nixon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/34534269

>
> I'd just like to say two things.
>
> First, thanks for sharing your pictures so frequently. I really need to

do
> that sort of thing someday.
>
> Second, though, every one of your picture posts implies that the image was
> made by the camera, rather than by you. Do you really think that way? Or
> are you more interested in brand advocacy than photography? Is there any
> particular reason it should matter to me what camera you used, unless I
> happen to be considering buying one?


You'll get used to Bret.
It's all in fun.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
jjs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-03-2004

"Annika1980" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >From: "jjs" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>
>>http://members.aol.com/annika1980/dullpic.jpg
>>
>>768 x 512 pixels from a 20D is not an image to represent the camera. Have
>>anything at its real resolution?

>
> Yes, I've already posted a couple of full-size shots.
>
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
jjs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-03-2004
"Annika1980" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >From: "jjs" (E-Mail Removed)

>
>>http://members.aol.com/annika1980/dullpic.jpg
>>
>>768 x 512 pixels from a 20D is not an image to represent the camera. Have
>>anything at its real resolution?

>
> Yes, I've already posted a couple of full-size shots.


Thanks for that. Much better!


 
Reply With Quote
 
jjs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-03-2004
"Jeremy Nixon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Second, though, every one of your picture posts implies that the image was
> made by the camera, rather than by you. Do you really think that way?
> [...]


Me thinks the photographer is being self-effacing and having fun.


 
Reply With Quote
 
nick c
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-03-2004
Jeremy Nixon wrote:
> Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>
>>http://www.pbase.com/image/34534269

>
>
> I'd just like to say two things.
>
> First, thanks for sharing your pictures so frequently. I really need to do
> that sort of thing someday.
>
> Second, though, every one of your picture posts implies that the image was
> made by the camera, rather than by you.


(Grinning) The image was captured by the camera, as used by the creative
eye of the photographer.

> Do you really think that way? Or
> are you more interested in brand advocacy than photography? Is there any
> particular reason it should matter to me what camera you used, unless I
> happen to be considering buying one?


If the concern was directed towards film cameras, I would tend to agree.
When negative sizes and types are fixed, there may be little striking
difference in which popular camera equipment was used, as long as the
camera equipment being considered were of a quality nature.

I tend to think differently about digital cameras. Even with cameras
considered to be of a quality nature, the size/type of the sensor and
algorithms used in the cameras imaging process may well differentiate
which equipment may be more desirable to a buyer.

nick

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Roland Karlsson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-03-2004
Jeremy Nixon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Second, though, every one of your picture posts implies that the image
> was made by the camera, rather than by you. Do you really think that
> way? Or are you more interested in brand advocacy than photography?
> Is there any particular reason it should matter to me what camera you
> used, unless I happen to be considering buying one?
>


Bret is a sort of unique guy. First - he calls himself Annika
Second - he likes to make fun of us here. Writing in ALL CAPS
and writing about the TOTALLY DIGITAL D30. Either he is weird
or tries to pretend to be so - I don't know.

But he often takes very good pictures. And he shares them.


/Roland

PS. Bret - is it Annika Sörenstam that you mean with Annika?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Annika1980
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-04-2004
>every one of your picture posts implies that the image was
>made by the camera, rather than by you. Do you really think that way?


Well, it would be kinda difficult for me to make one without the camera.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Annika1980
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-04-2004
>From: Roland Karlsson (E-Mail Removed)

>PS. Bret - is it Annika Sörenstam that you mean with Annika?
>


Yah. I made her famous.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/28391327


 
Reply With Quote
 
John Doe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-04-2004
Ever hear of Etch-A-Sketch? I thought the bird image was kind of
interesting. It was a little dull, but nothing a little post processing or
if it was shot in RAW and little RAW processing couldn't have taken care of.

John



"Annika1980" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >every one of your picture posts implies that the image was
>>made by the camera, rather than by you. Do you really think that way?

>
> Well, it would be kinda difficult for me to make one without the camera.
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Brad Templeton
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-05-2004
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>http://www.pbase.com/image/34534269
>
>


Damn it all, I used to have a D60 and looked for D60 articles and
always you posting with that in the subject line. Now you're doing it
for my new 20D.

It's clear that all the efforts to stop you from posting are wasted, but
could you please instead stop putting the name of your camera in the
subject line, and just your name or something else? Your postings are
not about the 20D, they are just more pictures with the 20D, which can
be found plentifully everywhere for those who want to see sample shots
in consideration of buying it.
--
Visit Burning Man 1999 in my photojournals
http://www.templetons.com/brad/photo/bman99
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
REDHEADS CAN'T HIDE FROM THE 20D ! Annika1980 Digital Photography 3 05-20-2007 07:49 AM
YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM THE 20D ! Annika1980 Digital Photography 19 01-29-2007 12:15 AM
YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM THE 20D! Annika1980 Digital Photography 2 11-11-2006 11:09 PM
YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM THE 20D !!! Annika1980 Digital Photography 28 05-27-2005 11:33 PM
[HIDE LAN] Hide a part of hosts into the LAN at VPN users? Paolo Bresi Cisco 1 04-04-2005 02:41 PM



Advertisments