Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re Wacom Intuos3 A6

Re Wacom Intuos3 A6

Graham Archer

Hi,
Does anyone use a Wacom Intuos3 A6 tablet
for their photo editing?
If so are they any good?
Thanks !
Graham

clw

In article <cjmp22$jfh$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Graham Archer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
> Does anyone use a Wacom Intuos3 A6 tablet
> for their photo editing?
> If so are they any good?

I am using a Graphire3.

Easier to draw selections or paint in Photo Shop elements by an order
of magnitude over a mouse or track ball.

Graham Archer

What size Graphire3 tablet do you use?
Is A6 too small?

"clw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <cjmp22$jfh$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Graham Archer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Does anyone use a Wacom Intuos3 A6 tablet
>> for their photo editing?
>> If so are they any good?

> I am using a Graphire3.
>
> Easier to draw selections or paint in Photo Shop elements by an order
> of magnitude over a mouse or track ball.

clw

In article <cjmuae$tr9$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Graham Archer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> What size Graphire3 tablet do you use?
> Is A6 too small?
>

> "clw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In article <cjmp22$jfh$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > "Graham Archer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> Does anyone use a Wacom Intuos3 A6 tablet
> >> for their photo editing?
> >> If so are they any good?

> > I am using a Graphire3.
> >
> > Easier to draw selections or paint in Photo Shop elements by an order
> > of magnitude over a mouse or track ball.

Using a 4x6. do not know what size an A6 is. A larger tablet would
probably be a bit easier, but all one needs to do is zoom the picture
so that the area to be selected or painted fills the image.

bob

"Graham Archer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:cjmp22$jfh$1
@news7.svr.pol.co.uk:

> Hi,
> Does anyone use a Wacom Intuos3 A6 tablet
> for their photo editing?
> If so are they any good?
> Thanks !
> Graham

I use the least expensive Wacom USB tablet. I like it a lot. I find the
area too large for comfort and use the driver to enable only about 2/3 of
it.

I have a friend who is a painter, and he uses a large tablet, which he
likes because it allows him to move his arms as he does when painting.

Bob

--
Delete the inverse SPAM to reply

zeitgeist

> Does anyone use a Wacom Intuos3 A6 tablet
> for their photo editing?
> If so are they any good?

I have the wacom 2 in the 6x8 size and I couldn't conceive of going back, in
fact I'm getting another for my laptop.

If you're a former painter and like constantly moving your arms in grand
sweeping motions across your desk or a big photoshop power user with a dual
monitor set up you probably don't want the big tablet.

I haven't tried the smallest one but my impression was that they were too
small, but I might try one to see if it works with my laptop as I have
enough to stuff in my bag now.

BTW, if you think you are getting RSS CTS from using your mouse for hours
and days on end, get the pen and pad and most of it will go away, I use my
tablet for all computer work now, I've been through various mice, roller
balls and this works the most naturally.