Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > help needed with Kodak Easy Share Software update to Version 4

help needed with Kodak Easy Share Software update to Version 4

Paul Beaulieu

I am running Kodak Easy Share software that I recieved with my camera
(ver2.1), as many of you are aware it comes with an automatic update
feature which I used to get to Version 3.x. The last update was to
version 4. I want to unupdate and go to back to version 3.x. The
Kodak website only offers version 4 and an email to them said the only
way back was to reload from a CD, but I only have ver 2.1 on CD.
Short of finding someone with a newer CD is there anything I can do.
I really want version 3 back as it formatted emails better especially
for my completely compter illiterate mother.

Thanks in advance for any help

Dave Cobb

Yikes... I recently upgraded to 4.0 (my CD is 3.4) and had not tried
emailing since then... so with curiosity I have just tried it now.

Once you setup the ofoto account (I already had one), emailing is just as
easy as before... maybe you can help her create the ofoto account, and then
she should be fine.

PROS:
The emails are delivered MUCH faster in 4.0!!
The emails will not clog peoples mailboxes with attachements.

CONS:
You have to browse the images on ofoto.com, can't view offline from email.

I suspect since the 3.x email servers at Kodak were getting overloaded that
this was a necessary step... Maybe if everyone migrates to 4.x the email
servers will respond faster... then again.. they could be decomissioned
all-together.

Anyway, this is an interesting argument for staying on 3.x

"Paul Beaulieu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>I am running Kodak Easy Share software that I recieved with my camera
> (ver2.1), as many of you are aware it comes with an automatic update
> feature which I used to get to Version 3.x. The last update was to
> version 4. I want to unupdate and go to back to version 3.x. The
> Kodak website only offers version 4 and an email to them said the only
> way back was to reload from a CD, but I only have ver 2.1 on CD.
> Short of finding someone with a newer CD is there anything I can do.
> I really want version 3 back as it formatted emails better especially
> for my completely compter illiterate mother.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help

Ron Baird

Hi Paul,

As noted in an email to you, you can switch from the Ofoto option to general
email options. Actually, you have the option of switching between two
different email types with version 4.0 You can continue to use the
traditional email process or use the Ofoto option. To change between the
different e-mail options using the EasyShare menu. Select Tools >
Preferences and select the Account Settings tab. Select the Email service
you prefer on that page. Please note that to use Email sharing powered by
Ofoto, you must be in an Ofoto service area and set up your free Ofoto
account. This will allow your Mom to choose what she wants. If this does
not meet her need, let me know and I will try to find another way to help.

Talk to you soon, Paul,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company