Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Advanced photo database program

Advanced photo database program

Peter A J?rgensen

Hi all,

Does anybody know at good photo database program (like Adobe
Photoshop Album) Where it's possible to make advanced queries?
(logical queries like; AND, OR, & NOT. In Adobe it's only possible to
use AND!) It would also be nice to password protect pictures, and/or
encrypt them.

One of the features I miss in Adobe, is the possibility to create
"custom levels" of the tag "Hidden", so that certain pictures couls be
more "hidden than others", if you know what I mean? ( I imagine at
system where my friends and family could see level 1 photos, my wife
level 2, and myself level 3

Any suggestions are welcome

Peter

Joseph Meehan

Peter A J?rgensen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody know at good photo database program (like Adobe
> Photoshop Album) Where it's possible to make advanced queries?
> (logical queries like; AND, OR, & NOT. In Adobe it's only possible to
> use AND!) It would also be nice to password protect pictures, and/or
> encrypt them.
>
> One of the features I miss in Adobe, is the possibility to create
> "custom levels" of the tag "Hidden", so that certain pictures couls be
> more "hidden than others", if you know what I mean? ( I imagine at
> system where my friends and family could see level 1 photos, my wife
> level 2, and myself level 3

Does that mean level 3 = porn?

I would guess you already know that PSA has a hid feature, but I would
not call it a very secure way of restricting access.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Drifter

On 1 Oct 2004 05:48:14 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Peter A J?rgensen)
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
> Does anybody know at good photo database program (like Adobe
>Photoshop Album) Where it's possible to make advanced queries?
>(logical queries like; AND, OR, & NOT. In Adobe it's only possible to
>use AND!) It would also be nice to password protect pictures, and/or
>encrypt them.
>
> One of the features I miss in Adobe, is the possibility to create
>"custom levels" of the tag "Hidden", so that certain pictures couls be
>more "hidden than others", if you know what I mean? ( I imagine at
>system where my friends and family could see level 1 photos, my wife
>level 2, and myself level 3
>
>Any suggestions are welcome
>
>Peter

Maybe iMatch?
http://www.photools.com/products.php

Drifter
"I've been here, I've been there..."

HRosita

Hi,

Check out thumbs+. they just came out with V7.
Rosita

PeterZiminski

Check out a free demo of PhotoLibrary.
www.PhotoLibrarySoftware.com