Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > GP: So where's the Stigma SD11?

GP: So where's the Stigma SD11?

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Linda_N" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:wJz7d.3018$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Fi Nishing" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Linda_N" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news3l7d.3004$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>

> >> You two are so far behind the times. Sigma announced ages ago that it

was
> >> closing its dSLR doors with the SD10 because it can't compete, and
> >> instead
> >> was expanding its lens development departments where it has become one

of
> >> the top contenders in the market.
> >>

> > Of course it can't compete, it has no idea about digital photograph
> > quality.
> >
> > You'd better let the poor buggers over at the Sigma forum on dpreview

know
> > they've given up then. Last time I needed a laugh and looked in their
> > rather sad forum there was speculation there about the next Sigma
> > SD-something. If you're correct then it looks as though they are stuck
> > with
> > their 3-something megapixel heaps of crap.
> >
> > Fi
> >

> Here is 4 of Sigma's newly announced lenses:
> http://www.photokina-show.com/
>
> Lens life is looking good for Sigma.
>
> Linda

Don't forget the SD7.

Randall Ainsworth

In article <E3C7d.25230$(E-Mail Removed)> , Peter A.
Stavrakoglou <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Don't forget the SD7.

More Mattel cameras?

Linda_N

"Peter A. Stavrakoglou" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:E3C7d.25230$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> "Linda_N" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:wJz7d.3018$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Here is 4 of Sigma's newly announced lenses:
>> http://www.photokina-show.com/
>>
>> Lens life is looking good for Sigma.
>>
>> Linda

> Don't forget the SD7.

That must be before my time as I've only read of the SD9 and SD10, but those
are dSLR cameras not lenses.

Linda

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Linda_N" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsES7d.3041$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Peter A. Stavrakoglou" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:E3C7d.25230$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> > "Linda_N" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:wJz7d.3018$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Here is 4 of Sigma's newly announced lenses:
> >> http://www.photokina-show.com/
> >>
> >> Lens life is looking good for Sigma.
> >>
> >> Linda

> > Don't forget the SD7.
> >

> That must be before my time as I've only read of the SD9 and SD10, but

those
> are dSLR cameras not lenses.
>
> Linda

Not before your time but rather don't forget to consider it as it is rumored
to be released in the coming months. You didn't miss anything yet.

Linda_N

"Peter A. Stavrakoglou" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:n_S7d.28303$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> "Linda_N" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsES7d.3041$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> That must be before my time as I've only read of the SD9 and SD10, but

> those
>> are dSLR cameras not lenses.
>>
>> Linda

> Not before your time but rather don't forget to consider it as it is
> rumored
> to be released in the coming months. You didn't miss anything yet.

Thanks, Peter. Is the SD7 a camera or a lens? I wish companies would stop
using letter number combinations for product models as it is getting
confusing! Look at Canon dSLR, it used to be D# (like D60) and now it is #D
(like 20D), but Nikon has to complicate matters by using D# (D70). Panasonic
and Konica Minolta have something similar going on. Arrrghhh

Linda

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Linda_N" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tcT7d.3044$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Thanks, Peter. Is the SD7 a camera or a lens? I wish companies would stop
> using letter number combinations for product models as it is getting
> confusing! Look at Canon dSLR, it used to be D# (like D60) and now it is

#D
> (like 20D), but Nikon has to complicate matters by using D# (D70).

Panasonic
> and Konica Minolta have something similar going on. Arrrghhh
>
> Linda

The rumored SD7 is a digital SLR from Sigma aimed at the sub US $ 1,000.00
buyer.

Randall Ainsworth

In article <Tv%7d.29129$(E-Mail Removed)> , Peter A.
Stavrakoglou <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The rumored SD7 is a digital SLR from Sigma aimed at the sub US $ 1,000.00
> buyer.

Bet that'll be a dandy...

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Randall Ainsworth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:031020041618238532%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <Tv%7d.29129$(E-Mail Removed)> , Peter A.
> Stavrakoglou <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > The rumored SD7 is a digital SLR from Sigma aimed at the sub US $

1,000.00
> > buyer.

> Bet that'll be a dandy...

No one wants to play with little Randall today?

Linda_N

"Peter A. Stavrakoglou" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Tv%7d.29129$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> "Linda_N" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:tcT7d.3044$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Thanks, Peter. Is the SD7 a camera or a lens? I wish companies would stop
>> using letter number combinations for product models as it is getting
>> confusing! Look at Canon dSLR, it used to be D# (like D60) and now it is

> #D
>> (like 20D), but Nikon has to complicate matters by using D# (D70).

> Panasonic
>> and Konica Minolta have something similar going on. Arrrghhh
>>
>> Linda

> The rumored SD7 is a digital SLR from Sigma aimed at the sub US $ 1,000.00
> buyer.

It will be interesting to see if Sigma is actually developing it or if one
of their partners are. I had read just after the release of the SD10 an
interview from one of the CEOs who mentioned that the SD10 would be the last
dSLR from them, and that instead they were going to put full focus into lens
development. I think (can't recall 100% though so take it with a grain of
salt) that it was he who said they were teaming up with Phillips and Sony to
combine efforts with working on the first liquid lens. The prototype is the
size of the tip of an average sized man's pointer finger, and the shape of
the lens is controlled by a wire which is controlled by a very small
electronic circuit board. The lens can do close-up (I think that was when it
was pressed/flattened by the wire) and telephoto (no wire pressure, full
sized and original shape). If it wall works out it will revolutionalize
photography and lenses as we know it. In theory a dSLR could be smaller than
the smallest compact available today.

Linda

Fi Nishing

"Linda_N" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hHb8d.3063$(E-Mail Removed)...
> salt) that it was he who said they were teaming up with Phillips and Sony

> combine efforts with working on the first liquid lens. The prototype is

the
> size of the tip of an average sized man's pointer finger, and the shape of
> the lens is controlled by a wire which is controlled by a very small
> electronic circuit board. The lens can do close-up (I think that was when

it
> was pressed/flattened by the wire) and telephoto (no wire pressure, full
> sized and original shape). If it wall works out it will revolutionalize
> photography and lenses as we know it. In theory a dSLR could be smaller

than
> the smallest compact available today.
>
> Linda

Will you have to wear a pointy hat made of tinfoil when you use this
revolutionary liquid lens?