Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > GP: So where's the Stigma SD11?

GP: So where's the Stigma SD11?

~Darrell Larose~

Well George/Georgette/Stev or what ever the nom de plume you have this
week... Where is Sigma's SD11????

Fi Nishing

"~Darrell Larose~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well George/Georgette/Stev or what ever the nom de plume you have this
> week... Where is Sigma's SD11????

LOL, they couldn't manage to improve on abysmal.
Polaroid has brought out a toy containing a toy Foveon thing though.

Linda_N

"Fi Nishing" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "~Darrell Larose~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Well George/Georgette/Stev or what ever the nom de plume you have this
>> week... Where is Sigma's SD11????
>>

> LOL, they couldn't manage to improve on abysmal.
> Polaroid has brought out a toy containing a toy Foveon thing though.

You two are so far behind the times. Sigma announced ages ago that it was
closing its dSLR doors with the SD10 because it can't compete, and instead
was expanding its lens development departments where it has become one of
the top contenders in the market.

Linda

Randall Ainsworth

In article <x3l7d.3004$(E-Mail Removed)>, Linda_N
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> You two are so far behind the times. Sigma announced ages ago that it was
> closing its dSLR doors with the SD10 because it can't compete, and instead
> was expanding its lens development departments where it has become one of
> the top contenders in the market.

Can't compete because their cameras are junk.

As for lenses - top contenders for what...the crappiest construction or
just mediocre overall quality?

Georgette Preddy

"Fi Nishing" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "~Darrell Larose~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Well George/Georgette/Stev or what ever the nom de plume you have this
> > week... Where is Sigma's SD11????
> >

> LOL, they couldn't manage to improve on abysmal.

The SD10 was announces on Oct 27. Does that sound like a show?

> Polaroid has brought out a toy containing a toy Foveon thing though.

With the best 3 layer video ever fielded.

~Darrell Larose~

"Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Fi Nishing" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > "~Darrell Larose~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Well George/Georgette/Stev or what ever the nom de plume you have this
> > > week... Where is Sigma's SD11????
> > >

> > LOL, they couldn't manage to improve on abysmal.

> The SD10 was announces on Oct 27. Does that sound like a show?

About a year ago, no SD11 at Photokina like GP claimed. Bankrupt Polaroid
was the only Foveon appearance...

> > Polaroid has brought out a toy containing a toy Foveon thing though.

> With the best 3 layer video ever fielded.

Linda_N

"Randall Ainsworth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:011020041809244950%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <x3l7d.3004$(E-Mail Removed)>, Linda_N
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> You two are so far behind the times. Sigma announced ages ago that it was
>> closing its dSLR doors with the SD10 because it can't compete, and
>> instead
>> was expanding its lens development departments where it has become one of
>> the top contenders in the market.

> Can't compete because their cameras are junk.
>
> As for lenses - top contenders for what...the crappiest construction or
> just mediocre overall quality?

It's a shame that you had poor experiences with Sigma lenses, but millions
have not had those problems. Some Sigma glass is a very good buy and perfect
for the intended user, just like some Canon glass is perfectly overpriced
for what you get. It works both ways. Every company has something that will
please you, and each has something that will make you feel you paid way too
much for what you got in return. The best option (and considering personal
biases to brand) do a search on google for lens reviews. Read user reviews
as well from several sources to get averages before purchasing.

Linda

Fi Nishing

"Linda_N" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news3l7d.3004$(E-Mail Removed)...

> You two are so far behind the times. Sigma announced ages ago that it was
> closing its dSLR doors with the SD10 because it can't compete, and instead
> was expanding its lens development departments where it has become one of
> the top contenders in the market.

Of course it can't compete, it has no idea about digital photograph quality.

You'd better let the poor buggers over at the Sigma forum on dpreview know
they've given up then. Last time I needed a laugh and looked in their
rather sad forum there was speculation there about the next Sigma
SD-something. If you're correct then it looks as though they are stuck with
their 3-something megapixel heaps of crap.

Fi

Fi Nishing

"Georgette Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

> > Polaroid has brought out a toy containing a toy Foveon thing though.

> With the best 3 layer video ever fielded.

Noted: Preddy did not attempt to deny it's a toy.

Linda_N

"Fi Nishing" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Linda_N" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news3l7d.3004$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> You two are so far behind the times. Sigma announced ages ago that it was
>> closing its dSLR doors with the SD10 because it can't compete, and
>> instead
>> was expanding its lens development departments where it has become one of
>> the top contenders in the market.
>>

> Of course it can't compete, it has no idea about digital photograph
> quality.
>
> You'd better let the poor buggers over at the Sigma forum on dpreview know
> they've given up then. Last time I needed a laugh and looked in their
> rather sad forum there was speculation there about the next Sigma
> SD-something. If you're correct then it looks as though they are stuck
> with
> their 3-something megapixel heaps of crap.
>
> Fi

Here is 4 of Sigma's newly announced lenses:
http://www.photokina-show.com/

Lens life is looking good for Sigma.

Linda