Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Web filtering software for Cisco Pix and Routers?

Web filtering software for Cisco Pix and Routers?

Douglas McIver

We currently have SonicWall firewalls at some of our remote sites and love
their content filtering capability. We are going to deploy more sites and I
have been looking at different Cisco Pix solutions and routers but I don't
see anything about a content filtering option. Does anyone know if there is
one that works well?

Thank you,
-Douglas

Walter Roberson

In article <VBZOe.1229$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
Douglas McIver <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:We currently have SonicWall firewalls at some of our remote sites and love
:their content filtering capability. We are going to deploy more sites and I
:have been looking at different Cisco Pix solutions and routers but I don't
:see anything about a content filtering option. Does anyone know if there is
ne that works well?

With the PIX 6.x software level, WebSense and N2H2 third-party
products are your only options -- PIX 6 has no built-in content filtering
support (and not much URL filtering either.)

I haven't investigated PIX 7.0 to see what it does in this regard.
--
"I want to make sure [a user] can't get through ... an online
experience without hitting a Microsoft ad"