Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Telephoto lenses.

Telephoto lenses.

Mr Digital

I have a Sony F828 & i was wondering if anyone knows of a good telephoto add
on lens at a reasonable price here in the U.K.

Phil.

Bill Crocker

Found this using Google:
http://raynox.co.jp/english/digital/f828/

Bill Crocker

"Mr Digital" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cj6mq9$h7h$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Sony F828 & i was wondering if anyone knows of a good telephoto
>add
> on lens at a reasonable price here in the U.K.
>
> Phil.

Basic Wedge

I just suddenly became a lot more interested in cameras like the Sony F828!
That's a slick add-on. I wonder how well they perform in the real world?

Rob

------------------------

"Bill Crocker" wrote...
> Found this using Google:
> http://raynox.co.jp/english/digital/f828/
>
> "Mr Digital" wrote...
>>I have a Sony F828 & i was wondering if anyone knows of a good telephoto
>>add
>> on lens at a reasonable price here in the U.K.

Mark M

"Basic Wedge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I just suddenly became a lot more interested in cameras like the Sony

F828!
> That's a slick add-on. I wonder how well they perform in the real world?

Strange that they don't mention anything about they change the effective
aperture...

> Rob
>
> ------------------------
>
> "Bill Crocker" wrote...
> > Found this using Google:
> > http://raynox.co.jp/english/digital/f828/
> >
> > "Mr Digital" wrote...
> >>I have a Sony F828 & i was wondering if anyone knows of a good telephoto
> >>add
> >> on lens at a reasonable price here in the U.K.

Basic Wedge

The change in aperture is a given. Still, that's a valid point. What is the
net effect, any idea?

Rob

--------------------------

"Mark M" wrote ...

news1K5d.119941$%S.1447@pd7tw2no...
> The change in aperture is a given. Still, that's a valid point. What is

the
> net effect, any idea?

That's what I mean.
They don't mention anything about it.
Sadly, I suspect that they may assume non DSLR types may not know the
difference, and so they may feel like they don't have to say.
-Just a theory, of course.

JPS@no.komm

In message <nbG5d.337945$Oi.51445@fed1read04>,
"Mark M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Basic Wedge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> I just suddenly became a lot more interested in cameras like the Sony

>F828!
>> That's a slick add-on. I wonder how well they perform in the real world?

>Strange that they don't mention anything about they change the effective
>aperture...

It probably doesn't affect it at all. Look at the diameter of the
entrance lens; it's about 2x the diameter of the main lens.

The Sony 1.7x for my F707 doesn't change exposure at all; it's still
f2.4 with or without the converter, fully open.
--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
John P Sheehy <(E-Mail Removed)>
><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

Mark M

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <nbG5d.337945$Oi.51445@fed1read04>,
> "Mark M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >"Basic Wedge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> I just suddenly became a lot more interested in cameras like the Sony

> >F828!
> >> That's a slick add-on. I wonder how well they perform in the real

world?

> >Strange that they don't mention anything about they change the effective
> >aperture...

> It probably doesn't affect it at all. Look at the diameter of the
> entrance lens; it's about 2x the diameter of the main lens.

Perhaps true, but if that is the case, I would think they'd be singing
loudly about it. Maybe they figure the market they are going after wouldn't
be aware of this extension/aperture issue, and just kept quiet about it...

> The Sony 1.7x for my F707 doesn't change exposure at all; it's still
> f2.4 with or without the converter, fully open.

Hm.